1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ecu 851sp2, Help.

Discussion in '851 / 888' started by SteveT2, Sep 5, 2016.

1. I am having a prob with the ignition or lack of it on the SP2 :-( i.e. The bike was left at a dealer for a week, i went to collect it and nothing, no power at all, thinking it was the battery i took my charger over to them, left it overnight, they tried starting it the next morning and all was good it started up fine, went to collect it and nothing again, they have checked all of the obvious, solenoids etc and still no go, what its doing now is the ignition is coming on, but no spark. Poss ECU?
    So in the worse case, thinking maybe its the ECU, If it does end up that the ecu is the culprit does the P8 ecu work in place of the p7? If so is the any negatives or benefits going with a P8?

Thanks
    Steve

2. Try a new battery first

3. I have a spare p7 from a 907.
    A mate of mine has a variety of 888 chips.

4. Hopefully :-( i should get to know the cause this week, ill post back with the findings....

Thanks

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. P8 will work just fine, but you'll need a different eprom. The old one for the P7 doesn't work on a P8.

6. SP2 should have P8 brain surely?
    I thought just very early 851 had P7 and SP should have top kit.
    Like I said I have spare P7 that you can borrow or buy.

7. sp2, sp3, sp4 all have p7 brain. Sp5 has p8

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. There is still a new P7 ECU on ebay US for sale which is not too expensive. I bought a new P8 just to have a spare in the future but it was 3 times the price of the P7. If I had an 851 or 888 myself I would absolutely have bought it!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information