1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ecu Removal

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Gary gibb, Feb 19, 2017.

1. IMG_1306.JPG Ok please help how do i get the 2 main plugs off ecu

2. Ah - this is the same as my hyper....see those 2 circled bits as you twist those round they push the plugs back off the ecu...

3. left one clockwise right one anti clockwise....they can be a bit sticky though...kinda jiggle the plug as youre twisting the clircly things...

4. plugs aint quite the same as mine but the theory is the same - actually saying that they look more like my rsv4's connectors...

5. Cant seem to be able to move em scared incase break

6. Yeah... I think from memory when you're putting them back on they finally click when in place so they have to click first then they move...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

7. Is there a pin as i cant move em

8. On the top of each connector is a button. Push down on that and you will be able to rotate the cam part of the connector to remove them. Do not force them. The cam mechanism pulls the connector onto the ECU.

9. No button i can see

10. Got it lads

• Like Like x 1
  11. 1 ecu out thanks for the help gentlemen

IMG_1307.JPG

12. I have a broken one of these cam lock thingies on my 998 - can they be purchased separately?

13. Go to a vehicle dismantlers, you need a Fiat Punto 1.2 8v and the engine wiring loom. This will give you 2 connectors with cams. Alternatively look eBay.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. Was it what I said?

15. Yip pins under plugs then they just dropped perfect now i can get her sent to chris

16. Cool... Chris at Cjs doing it?

17. /chrisw. From on here on the site sending tomurrow

Do Not Sell My Personal Information