1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Engine Stalled While Clutch In (occasionally)

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Oeths, Sep 6, 2016.

1. the screen on the video looks like urban to me. No revs, just big speed dials.

And 50km isn't even 30mph so opening from third, why? Thats second gear really. If it won't rev past 6k thats normally the exhaust valve stuck.

Cant you just give it back and get a reefed/swap? I don't think whatever they do you will be happy (pretty sure I wouldn't be) so why not just try and cut loose? :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. The bike are not supposed to struggle and jerky like mad in this situation.
    I suspect it's the exhaust valve too.
    I already try to ask for replacement but got rejected.

3. Maybe it's possible to temporarily put it in the full open setting? Don't know if that would work, but maybe as a test.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

4. If its the valve, it just needs stripping and cleaning, not replacing :)

5. Hi Folks
    I've just joined the Ducati fellowship with a 2017 model 1200s Multistrada!
    The engine cut out at low speed with a coolish engine, worrying!
    The idle speed does seem to be quite low immediately after engine start, is this typical?
    I don't suppose there's an easy way of increasing the idle speed by 200rpm or so?
    Which octane rating is recommended? I've been using 95RON.

6. I have a 2003 999, a very different machine from yours.
    However, the starting procedure is to press the starter without touching the throttle at all and allow the ecu to sort it all out.
    I suspect if you touch the throttle before the ecu has done the this, it could confuse things.
    So first recommendation is, make sure you don't touch the throttle until the idle speed has settled, don't immediately blip or crank with the throttle open at all.

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  7. Hello & welcome Ian

8. Nuke post?
    Seems harsh when trying to be helpful :/
    Is @Le Yeti a French troll?

#128 Old rider, Dec 29, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
  9. Dealer claim it's the spark plug arcing causing the issue. Only one cylinder is working...
    They loaned me an Enduro for Xmas.

• Like Like x 4
  10. I hope that the problem has been finally identified and they'll resolve it for you.

11. I certainly hope so.
    But how coincidence can it be? Dealer test rode few days and the spark plug didn't fail at all untill the evening i collected the bike...

So far this is what they'd replaced :
    Throttlebody
    ECU
    O2 sensor
    Radiator-not related but dealer say they found one of the fan couldn't rotate freely, need to replace the whole radiator assy(shocking)

Now the ECU is running on the latest map (Enduro), soon to be released to all MTS DVT

12. Hi!

Yes i am ;)

Have the issue too so i'm lurking here ;)

13. Welcome, see the webby link below & join the map!

I hope you have all of that listed on the days the bike went in for finding faults & then how long each time it took. Plus how much it cost you or meant you were inconvienced with work. Your experience is terrible & I'd refused to accept the bike back again if it happens again. When you next pick the bike up demand a technician rides along with you & you do a 5-mile journey. A dealership handing over a bike with known stalling fault for the 3rd/4th time is bewildering & obviously they do not consider your safety as paramount!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Don't think it was intentional. There has been coverage of this issue previously - it seems many people get nuked unintentionally due to 'Nuke' being too close to 'Useful', especially on mobile apps with even less room to fire off a rating than when using a mouse on a laptop or PC

If bothered, I'd PM and ask for the Nuke to be changed - I think it is possible to change one's rating

If I check my ratings given to others, I have apparently nuked 10 or 12 posts, but knowingly only ever one or two... apologies to those I've left bewildered!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Did you resolve this in the end? My Dvt did the same in Spain, not sure what caused it but also had exhaust valve stick shut 3 or 4 times during trip... Possibly connected? but valve had freed up when stalling from 2nd to 1st gear happened?

16. I have just done the free bypass on mine after it stuck last week: ram mount spring (don't use anyone) and cable ties :upyeah:

17. Spoke to motorapido today, said they are gonna disconnect and re map for me so dash light stays out. They also said they'd look at the stalling issue. Motorapido normally very good so will see what happens?

18. do it yourself for free. Honestly, 20 min job max. Just a 3mm allen key to get the cover off, pliers to get the cable off then a spring or cable ties/similar to pit on the cable :upyeah:

19. I agree, do most of my own stuff, but shop gonna look at stalling issue while there.

• Like Like x 1
  20. How are you getting on with the enduro Oeths?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information