1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ever The Optimist Part 2.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by mervyn, Feb 1, 2016.

1. Today is a big day for me.After a private consultation I am starting a new drug today.Having seriously gone downhill for the last few months with my Autoimmune System Dysfunction/Central Nervous Systems problems I am at the 'Last chance saloon'.
    The only possible drug to help me is one normally used for MS,Parkinsons,etc.My GP would not prescribe it for me as it is not on the 'Approved List'.
    I therefore had to find my own Consultant who would take on my case and prescribe me the drug.
    Only one Pharmacy in the UK holds this particular drug,my prescription arrived today.I have to take it in stepped doses up to the max level which will take about 3 months.
    I am so looking forward to regaining a bit more of a life and getting to ride my lovely new HP2,or should I say my even lovelier MH.
    I am keeping everything crossed.:upyeah:

• Like Like x 10
    • Love You Love You x 1
  2. Merv, I know you have a lot of friends and forum acqaintances that all wish you the very best with the new medication. Keep enjoying life to the full when and as often as you can. Andy

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Good Luck Merv - hope it hits the spot for you.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Whilst in no way wishing to trivialise your medical issues do you maintain a sensible diet, eat well, remain hydrated and avoid processed junk food (that means most of what is on the supermarket shelves) ?

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Good luck with the chemistry, @mervyn . That immune system is a bugger to fix when it goes wrong, isn't it?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Good luck Merv with the Meds!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Best wishes for a successful outcome.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Good luck Mervyn, always thinking of you

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Hi Johnv.Yes I have learnt a lot over the last few years on diet.Not only do I eat very little these days-it is all good stuff,no junk including a lot of the highly toxic processed and artificial sugars.Good quality food home cooked by Mrs Mervyn and plenty of water and tea.Minute drops of wine-too much sends me completely loopy.I also have do a lot of meditation and a special form of Yoga.The NHS Consultant I saw just before Xmas referred me back to my GP with the comments that there was nothing else I could do to improve my situation.Hence me going down the private medical route.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Hi Chris.Very much looking to the time when we can have a bimble and a cuppa.Roll on warmer weather, you take care in the meantime.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Good luck with everything Merv

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Fingers crossed for you, Merv....

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. All my best for you

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. All the best, hope it works for you

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. Hope you improve with the new drugs Mervyn.

I'm looking foward to seeing you astride the new bike soon,hopefully we might both be up to wobbling up to Box hill together in the spring.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Will keep it all crossed for you Merv. Try and stay positive, the mind is an amazing instrument and every little helps.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. Good luck Merv. I hope it works.

Be sure to enjoy yourself as much as you can. Ride those bikes.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. Sounds like a plan John.I will look forward to a meet up.

19. Best of luck with everything Merv. :thumbsup:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  20. All the best Merv

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information