1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ExCeL London To Host Ducati Show

Discussion in 'Front Page Articles' started by Ducati News, Feb 16, 2013.

1. ducati-fashion-show.jpg

The Carole Nash MCN London Motorcycle Show that is being held this weekend at the ExCeL London will give Ducati the chance to showcase some of their new bikes to a wide audience. The annual event allows many big names from within the motorcycling world to come together under one roof and showcase their latest models, riders and provide an experience for their many fans around the world and Ducati are using the 2013 event to push their new Hypermotard and give the public the first chance to see it up close.

The whole Hypermotard series has received a massive upgrade and revamp for 2013 and the 3 new models that are due to be released and showcased at the show this weekend are highly anticipated. The previous air cooled models are being replaces with liquid cooled 110hp editions and will come with the standard version, slightly more racier and extreme SP model as well as the tourer version which comes with a better power curve and is more suited to long distance riding.

However, this is not all that Ducati will be using the 2013 Carole Nash MCN London Motorcycle Show for. The new 1199R that was highly anticipated by a lot of people this year - but which has received less than favorable reviews in some quarters due to the fact that it isn't much of an upgrade on the base version according to many - will be on show alongside the 1199S in an all new colour scheme. Furthermore, new liveries will be there for the Diavel as well as a new Diavel Strada.

One particularly interesting feature of the Ducati unveiling at the show will be the new Skyhook technology that is going to be on the Multistrada series. The semi-active suspension system (DSS as Ducati are calling it) is similar to what has been used on cars for a number of years now however it is new for Ducati bikes and has received some pretty good reviews from those who has tested it so far.

Lastly, it has been two decades since the Ducati Monster series kicked off and to celebrate 20 years the Italian company are releasing anniversary 696, 796 and 1100 Evo models that will also be on show. The models have a somewhat vintage look about them and should go down well with long time fans and admirers of the Ducati brand.

The Carole Nash MCN London Motorcycle Show takes place from 15-17 February at the ExCel, London

ducati-fashion-show.jpg

2. Shame none of the others bothered to turn up...

3. The Ducati stand was very good, one of the best there, but its clearly not a well supported show

4. It's been pretty good for the last few years, in fact I've preferred it to the Birmingham show. But I'm afraid I was very disappointed this year.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Is there a bike show at Excel?

I wish I'd have known!

6. Went on Friday! really was not impressed! Maybe Excell are charging too much for stands which is putting companies off! it all seemed to be a bit of a miss mash and what that arena was doing stuck in the middle of the show was all about I don't know especially as it was only used twice that day! what a waste of space! :frown:

7. It was in the middle of the hall cos there weren't enough exhibitors to fill the space. That much was blatantly obvious the second I walked through the doors. Very disappointing.

8. Oh I was going tomorrow with a couple of mates, should I spend my £20 on petrol instead ? :rolleyes:
    Was their a Pikes Peak there just to tease me even more ? :smile:

9. Went today....wish I hadn't its not a very good show, Ducati stand was just about OK one or two purveyors of bling & accessories but nothing really to get excited about the rest of it was cheap crap clothing, the one thing I thought I be able to get at a bike show i.e bike tools were non existent, a very begrudged 3 out of 10

10. Went today - good to see some old mates and catch up with Bex - Also got a tonne of Ducati puks so worth it for those reasons and the BKS stand - rest was pants

[​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  11. Ooh! Give us a puck, Char...

Pretty please:smile:

12. I'm afraid the answer is yes. Didn't see a pikey there, either. Honestly, apart from the usual ducati suspects (and a pretty good learner deal on the smaller Monster), the only bike that caught my eye was the Kwak Z800 - much nicer looking than I expected.

13. The London show has never been any good since it left Ally Pally.:frown:
    Used to come down every year from oop North for that, without fail.

14. So you never went to Excel then..?

I disagree completely, it's been very good the last few years, just not this year.

15. Could I have one too :)

Pretty please

16. Free if you have a monster and come to the weekender :))))

17. Ooooo I need a babysitter

18. Cant you strap em on and bring them

19. I would rather not
    I shall work on it

• Like Like x 1
  20. Where ?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information