1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

939 SP Exhaust Choices

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by SimonT, Nov 1, 2016.

1. I know there are a few exhaust threads knocking around so apologies for any doubling up.

I had ordered a low level slip on with my SP but have just been told it doesn't fit the 939SP.

I'm not that keen on the high level pipe, plus apparently its also very loud.

In addition I'm hoping to get something that will pass the quieter track days including the dreaded Castle Doom.

So impossible question - I'm after a good looking exhaust that will also pass some sound tests - any suggestions?

Regards

2. Take a look at the Remus hypercone
    That's what I've got fitted to my 821 sp
    I think it looks and sounds great

3. I do not know if it already has for the 939, but 821 of my brother is with an arrow and I really enjoyed it.
    P_20161016_111013.jpg
    P_20161016_110958.jpg
    P_20161016_111006.jpg

I'll make a video and post here.

I found this video on youtube. it `s exactly like this one.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. I've just got the first Remus Black Hawk from Remus Austria. It is the homologated version because we can't ride out there without proper exhausts as the risks are very high with the law enforcement.

Just got the link pipe into ceramic so it is black and once done will mount and post pictures. That exhaust SHOULD pass any race track restrictions IMO with and without the dB killer. There is a plug in cat, so in case in your country law doesn't matter, then you could just not use it en enjoy the full "enchilada" :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. I have to say I am really liking the Remus pipe!!!!

6. I don't get it. The 821 and 939 are the exact same mounting. In fact I decided the 939 Euro 4 muffler was just too quiet so I bought a nearly new 821 muffler and installed it. Perfect. With the exhaust valve disconnected it is loud enough for me and the 821 muffler is smaller and lighter.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. Yes you can mount the older version. They have it because Euro 4,nothing else.

8. What about.....a link pipe and the akra from an RSV4, shortened....if someone can verify i believe the link pipe exit size is 60mm.....same as the rsv. I took mine for MOT yesterday (the RSV4) and it was embarassingly quiet with the db killer in (even with the race front section in there). I dont think it would take long to find a second hand akra on the rsv4 forum. That, would look really trick....very individual...unless you dont want to fuck around (i would but thats just me). Mines about 2 thirds the length of the original size so i dont think the length (in the akra's case) really does affect the noise level. I like the arrow system but could do with being shortened (which is a relatively easy job) and, most exhaust builders will do the job for you for a couple of quid.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information