1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Exhaust + Decat Combo??? Full System Termi Decat + Stock/termi Stubby?

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Riko, Apr 9, 2017.

1. Hi all,

I'm about to pull the trigger by the end of this month on a 2012 Multistrada.

Its got all possible options, including a Full Termignoni system.
    I dig the bike, except I can't seem to get one thing out of my head, that long fugly endpipe sticking out of the bike

[​IMG]
    Its just plain ugly imo.....
    :dizzy::rage:

I also know about the full Termi cutdown:
    Full Termi Cut Down! | Ducati MTS1200 Forum
    Motorcycle Info Pages -

MTS1200 DIY Mods > Full Termi Cut Down!

Can somebody tell me if I can swap the large endpipe of the full termignoni line for something smaller?
    Would the stock endpipe still fit? Or perhap the Termignoni stubby?
    [​IMG]

So, can I swap out the endpipe of the full system for those 2 options?
    The Stubby would look great and the stock exhaust would be cheap, since the owner still has alle stock parts.

I realise I don't know what the exact consequences would be swapping that endpipe for a pipe thats not meant to be used on that midpipe of the full system.
    Would I need a remap, how would the sound be, etc..

But for now, I'm just seeking for some confirmation if a swap of either of these parts would be possible, thats all.

Thx for the info and heads up guys!
    :kissingheart::grinning:

2. If it fits there is no consequence except a remap would be required .Sound will probably be louder .

• Like Like x 1
  3. If you replace the full system you'll be getting rid of the cat. The stubby in the picture I think is a replacement for the 'shotgun' standard end pipes, and so attaches to the catalytic converter. Why not go for a full termignoni system and when you're feeling braver cut it down in length. I'm sure someone on here posted a thread on doing just that.

• Like Like x 1
  4. yes, it already has the full system + i already posted the 2 links of the cut process...

• Like Like x 1
  5. I guess that's what comes when you've had a glass of wine and don't bother to read the post :)
    Good luck with your quandary

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. aight thx man!

I am thinking about using the full line of Mivv.

Header + endpipe.
    There is an optional (?) Catalyst that goes into the header (?)
    [​IMG]
    DUCATI MULTISTRADA 1200 Exhaust Mivv Speed Edge Black stainless steel D.027.LRB - Mivv
    [​IMG]
    DUCATI MULTISTRADA 1200 catalyst Mivv ACC.033.A1 - Mivv

Product page with some pics and some vid.
    DUCATI MULTISTRADA 1200 2010 > 2014 Exhaust - Mivv
    DUCATI MULTISTRADA 1200 Exhaust Mivv Speed Edge Black stainless steel D.027.LRB - Mivv
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Looks good, sounds good (on youtube) and with the catalyst, should be not too obnoxiously loud....?
    You even seem to win some hp and torque with that specific exhaust, the SPEED EDGE.

Any thoughts?

7. I'll put my glass down!..
    That looks and sounds great and makes for an interesting alternative to a termignoni.

• Agree Agree x 1

8. There's loads of threads on here about the best mid pipe to fit, Leo Vince get very good reviews from the guys that have them and the chap at CJS reckons they're good to work on. The UK distributor has a deal on at the minute for a mid pipe and a sexy looking can for £650. You'd be able to sell the Termi system for a bit more than £650

IMG_3091.PNG

IMG_3092.PNG

9. Hm. It seems the LV midpipe also has a catalyst?

10. Full description is online, it doesn't mention a catalyst.

IMG_3093.PNG

11. Worth reading this thread

http://ducatiforum.co.uk/threads/mts1200-exhaust-reccomendation.5489/

12Next >

1. CJSMember

I often get asked my opinion on decat pipes so i thought i would write here.

After custom tuning around 39 of these bikes in i would say all exhaust configurations i have come to the following.

Full termi and race ecu or custom tune works well . The DP fuel tables per cylinder are not perfect but better than below. Of couse not having the o2 sensors switched off on the race ecu lets it down combined with silly emissions trims per gear per cylinder but this can be disabled with a flash.

Mivv de-cat. Total worst pipe there is . Apaprently its slip on and go but my dyno and my sensors show the cylinders fuel values to be thrown out the window whether your running the stock or termi ecu. This is because the shape of the mivv de-cat is totally different to the termi. The mivv de-cat pipe is noisy , too noisy. However once mapped powrwise it will be similar to the termi. The biggest mistake of mivv de-cat owners is to install the BR baffle . I have seen a couple of versions .Maybe one version was further modified by the owner but iam not sure. All mivv de-cats that use this small in pipe baffle make much less power than a stock exhaust. One was down 30hp. What a joke

The mivv decat and suone is ok after custom mapping

The mivv decat and ovel with no baffles at all makes good power but the design needs way more fuel to achive the same AFR and same power as the others and that means poor fuel consumption.

Exhaust shape and size really seems to effect fuel values

All MTS owners want power but dont want the noise.

Its true most MTS1200 make 150hp after custom fuel and ignition tuning but it is also true the stock exhaust can make 145-148 hp so its not far behing and its quiet.

Now my reccomendation based on new findings is for the leovinci decat pipe. Its got good shape and it has a small unrestictve silencer added to it. Its the quieter of the de-cat pipes and only 100 more than the mivv. The leo works with any can.

Just my 2 cents. It may help

#1Oct 15, 2012
      Last edited: Oct 15, 2012

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. I run a full mivv system with out the supplied inner decibel killers, I did how ever make my own baffle insert as the flames kept burning the wife's leg. I'm not sure why you would bother with getting a cat for one but I know I wouldn't, after fitting I took it to Ducati just to check the computer for any fuelling fault codes but he said every thing looks fine, the bike was so much more responsive after I fitted the exhaust but it is very loud.

• Like Like x 1
  13. makes me wonder, can the Termi full Enduro kit be installed on a normal 1200???

[​IMG]

Engine is the same.
    Single sided swingarm, so all the space you want.
    Compacter than the full termi kit of the normal 1200

Should fit without issues, no?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information