1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Exhaust Valve Disconnect

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by nkibble, Apr 20, 2016.

1. still can't understand why spend 40£ when you can have the same result with a 50c spring...

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. That's because I planned to get rid of the valve altogether with an Akro system and they don't do the upmap to override the servo in the ECU, but then I didn't get a satisfactory answer from them about the requirements for a new fuelling map, "They don't do one because it's not a safety issue", so I probably won't go that route anyway.

3. oh yeah, in that case makes sense ofc

4. Thanks, that does make sense, in fact I've just fitted a similar sized spring (from Halfords), and it's working fine. I agree, unless you are removing the Servo unit to save weight, why pay for a DUC.EE, as this job took about ten minutes, and costs pennies. Just requires removal of the exhaust heat shield(3 screws). Regarding the functionality of the servo, it's interesting that this has just one cable, my 848 had two cables, in a push me - pull me config if that makes any sense, so this one is probably easier to mechanically fool than the 848/1098 was. When the ignition is first switched ON, the servo cycles the flap fully closed to the end stop, then open. I think with the spring fix, we got lucky, as if you watch the cable, it gets pulled in until the spring is coil bound, which probably replicates the end stop on the flap actuator thing, maybe?

5. Any pics of duc.ee installation?
    I struggled a bit with it and now on trip for two weeks out of home.
    Thanks!

6. All makes good reading,pondered for a year or so which route to go,just cleaned every once in a while but then after a 7 week lay off it seizes all the time,seems to be after i go from tour mode to sport it sticks and ruins a ride. officially fed up now going to something permanent. thanks for everyones commitment to sharing info to help us all.

7. My DUC.EE arrived tonight. I've just plugged it in, so will try it tomorrow.
    Will let you know how I get on.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Mine gave an DSS error when plugged it in. Any comment will be welcome.
    L's

9. Mine plugged in fine, and seems to be doing the job.

The original plug is pretty awkward to get to, but I managed to unplug it without having to remove any fairing and have left the servo in place for now.

Quick photo shows the DUC.EE in place.

image.jpeg

10. "pretty awkward to get to"! I gave up trying to fit mine, it is the vertical connector hidden under the two connectors to the left in your photo?, I could barely see it never mind disconnect it, well done.

11. I couldn't extract it by hand, but used a screwdriver to unlatch the locking mechanism and pliers to pull the plug.
    Awkward bugger though. :)

12. I have the Healtech on mine and it works like a charm!

13. There's a good video on you tube which shows the spring method working, search on leo vince decat

14. Hmmm can you post the correct link? Can´t find it....

Thank you,
    Heimo

15. Multistrada 1200 LeoVince Decat and Terminogni Short

• Like Like x 1
  16. Gone the spring down the cable route cheap and cheerfull, bag of assorted springs from JTS wholesale for a few quid, took my pick and it works a treat can be reversed easily.

17. Duc-ee in place. Sound is awesome!

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. DOes anyone know if you need to disconnect the battery before fitting the Duc.ee.

And can anyone point out where it is in this pic? Is it under the connectors that are fixed in place with the rubber by the middle fairing fixing?

image.jpeg

19. No need to disconnect the battery at all. Can't help with the rest as I'm non DVT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. I've posted a pic earlier in this thread. Take a look to see if that helps.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information