1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 R Exhaust

Discussion in 'Monster' started by Kempy, Jul 3, 2016.

1. National Lottery perhaps.....Lol

2. Kempy- have you had a chance to listen to a bike with the Termis installed? That might help sway your decision just as it did for Ian....

3. Get the termis.

Have peace of mind that it's Ducati approved and has any necessary upmap which will give some sort of performance improvement also.

Interest free credit card = boom, guilt free exhaust purchase.

4. DON'T we swayed by YouTube videos - the sound is not at all realistic when filmed on phones

5. I've got the standard pipes for the S in my attic, not the R version I known, but they're pretty light actually. So I don't think termis will save you much weight. With the S, the termis and upmap are meant to free up an extra 7 or 8hp, which I don't think I notice, so I wouldn't say the extra power is worth the dosh. But where they do make a difference is in the noise. Someone somewhere wrote that they "unlock the bass". That's a perfect description. They sound superb. They make the bike sound so gutsy. Every time I start the bike, give it a fistfull, and especially on the overrun during down changes I get this huge grin and just sort of light up inside and that makes me glad I have them. Without the db killers they are awesome, but really are antisocial loud. I value my relationship with my neighbours so keep the db killers in. It's exactly the same noise, there's just a little less of it.

6. Think the R's are heavier as they are doing more work to get them to Euro 4.

7. Fair do's.

8. But the sound is what we ALL want Lol

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Go for an SC-Project CRT stub exhaust, would look brilliant, and the sound.... :)

#29 mickb, Jul 16, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2016
  10. I want to keep my eardrums in-tact Lol

#30 Ian Cottier, Jul 16, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2016
  11. I have the full termi's system on my 1200s and the sound/popping is incredible! I had an 1198 with a full system before the monster and it wasn't as loud or as naughty. Recommend

IMG_5408.JPG

12. Nice shiny headers :eyes:......

• Like Like x 1
  13. Does anyone know weather MOT's might start to take emissions seriously on bikes with aftermarket exhausts and this Euro4 stuff?
    Kinda wonder weather it will be some crappy bureaucracy like "any bike produced before 2017 will have less scrutiny than post 2017 models..."
    Just wondering....

14. If that was to happen, I think they'd have to bring in a date in the 'future' and go from there.

15. The big question I have is.... if you don't want to go for the termi system then will the Ducati warranty still be valid?
    I've rung ducati about this as I fancy the SC Project Oval over the (scratch my back I'll scratch yours) termignoni's.
    TBH: most of the mongs at the agencies don't know which direction Italy faces..... They just preach that if you don't buy Termis your stuffed. Need to speak to the warranty staff to get a decisive answer!

16. My dealer said it was fine, TBH it takes minutes to swap exhausts, two bolts and a bit of grunting.

17. Yeah I'm good at that type of thing..

• Like Like x 1
  18. Anyone tried the Arrows cans yet? Price is very keen on the bay of flea... about a third of the price of Termis!

Ped

Do Not Sell My Personal Information