1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 Extended Warranty

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Stu1199, Mar 27, 2017.

1. My 1299 is just about to run out of warranty any suggestions on best aftermarket providers feed back much appreciated thanks

2. I've got a 2015 1299 which is about to expire it's warranty April , has anyone got any recommendations to warranty company's as I have been told the 3rd year extension doesn't apply now , thanks .

• Like Like x 1
  3. Interested in this also

Sent from my HUAWEI NXT-AL10 using Tapatalk

4. Threads merged

5. Try Warranty Direct but over the phone, not online

I looked at this before for either a 959 or 1299

Neither are listed on the web form, but 899 & 1199 are

The 1199 comes out at £433 for a year with a bike under 10k miles

Problem is that unless they've changed their minds, when I last spoke to them it wasn't a gaurantee they'd bother offering a warranty for any more panigales as they'd had too many payouts on the ones they list, I guess the chap i spoke with could be wrong

It's a start anyway

FYI

Ducati made a song and dance about offering a scheme similar to the bmw approved used at eicma last November, but whether that ever comes to light, or indeed offers warranty on existing (already sold) bikes in circulation, I wouldn't know.

Good luck in the hunt

6. thanks for the info

7. i am just about to renew mine with warranty direct. gone up 75£ compare to last year but i expect it will be worth every penny and more

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. Alright Yev, what bike and total cost also for full cover or part
    Thanks

9. Didn't a member ( possibly yourself?) get shafted by warranty direct on a panigale claim?

10. was me. but they did payout on several other claims last year as well, so i am well in black. i use bike daily for commuting so chances of something going wrong is higher then maybe some there owners/.?

• Like Like x 1
  11. 1199s , 8.5k miles . £449

• Like Like x 1
  12. woops. warranty direct just refused claim which my mate at work submited on his 911 . (took out policy on my recomendation) . he had to pay £1155 for the repair after taking out policy 2 months ago which cost him £950.

hmm... my WD policy due for renual now but i am not so sure now!

13. What were the specifics of his claim?

I have to work with these warranty companies and WD have been by far the best for car warranty.

They normally just approve my claim over the phone.

Put through a BMW X5 electronic handbrake failure the other day at £950. No quibble.

#14 Rjkc600, Apr 4, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
  14. engine mount

15. refused to pay my claim on paginate last year. paid some but refused another

16. Hi - watching this thread carefully

What was your claim - and what were their grounds for refusing to pay?

17. I had major overheating and poor running problems with were caused by rad being totally blocked with shit and muck . Everything stuck to oil which leaked in to the rad from engine gasket. I think there was claim from dealer for 5 hours of labour to clean everything up and change the gasket. They refused my claim due to gaskets not being covered. Another claim they refused was for broken exhaust mountings- exhausts are not covered

18. Slightly f topic but I paid £890 for 2 years extended Ducati warranty when I purchased the 1299s. Solely for piece of mind, plus after 2 or 3 years it may be a good selling point...if I sell !

19. just been on the phone to WD. they confirmed- they will no longer cover panigale's for new customers, only for renewals

Do Not Sell My Personal Information