1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

749 Fan Issue

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by Spjallen, Dec 29, 2016.

1. Hi gents. Help please. I'm trying to get a uncared for 749 back together again. After quite a lot of work it did start but the fan comes on when you turn the ingnition on which is quite bizarre. Any ideas please?

2. The temperature thermostat that kicks the fans in?

Or if it is unloved, has a previous owner done a bodge job to have the fans on all the time?

• Like Like x 1
  3. i don't think that's the issue but the wiring was pretty horrible. Hope I've rectified most of those issues but a new / eBay / loom maybe required at a later date.

4. Have you got a EOBD light on the dash?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Yes I do. Did previously start with it on.

6. Try this. Locate the diagnostic connector on the side of the battery box. It is a 3 way Superseal connector and should have a plastic cap on it. The connector has 2 wires into it. Tap a wire into what would be the middle wire and run the wire to the -ve terminal of the battery. See if that stops the fan and EOBD.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. Thank you. If that's the case, what's the problem?

8. Possible ECU fault caused by a polarity inversion. It breaks an earth in the ECU but the wire mod corrects this.

• Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information