1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

999 Fila 999r

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by quantuman, May 3, 2016.

1. Still an absolutely beautiful bike :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Wheel decals appear to be wrong as well. The wheels are the newer model with thin spokes but the white stripes and decals are found on the 2003 only. 2004-2005 should have just the yellow Marchesini decals - as far as I know :Bag:

What's the history on the bike?

3. does the fila have its own listing at ducati and does the log book list it as a 999r fila or just a 999r
    just curious as the xerox has its own parts list at ducati and log book lists it as a 999r xerox would have thought it would be same

4. They both look like the old type wheels on the advert.
    Ducati 999 R - Fila for sale in UK

#24 ducati dad, May 4, 2016
    Last edited: May 4, 2016
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Congrats, it's a thing of beauty !

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. The front wheel is definitely a newer version with the thin spokes. Not sure about the rear, the pic isn't clear enough.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Very Nice, enjoy it.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. She's a tad bigger than mine !! ....

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  9. Some later 999r had white wording.... with and without white lines on wheels.....A lot dont have any wording and can have yellow Marchesini and others in white with lines...I'm getting confused :Wtf:.....

Ducati have confirmed engine/frame numbers to be a FILA 999R...

Been told that most fila's were built in 2003 inc mine and it was reg in 2005....

#29 quantuman, May 4, 2016
    Last edited: May 4, 2016
  10. More pics chaps....

media (4).jpg media (7).jpg

• Like Like x 2
  11. Does look good mate !

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Mint bike mate.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Congrats on the bike mate.
    Fantastic bikes.
    Regards to decals etc, they may have only made 2 hundred,
    but they made quite a few changes during production.

Enjoy!

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Quantuman,
    That is one beautiful bike, maybe yes do some checks to see if it has had a bit of adverse history, just ensure you do enough checks to satisfy yourself, but bloody hell, the bike would be snatched up by anyone on here, but you've got it you lucky bastard;); get out on it and enjoy it, just keep your licence good man, some of us here are a bit jealous, yes me included as its the natural upgrade from my 'S' model, I like it alot fella:upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  15. Well heres a factory advert and notice the white lines on the wheels etc..... My Fila has been confirmed by Ducati as built and HPI states ok... Yes question regarding rear wheel thick/thin... but I can live with that.... :triumph:

Ducati 999R Fila 03  1 (1).jpg :triumph:

16. Get some track fairings on it matey!!

17. So how much would one of us drooling over this have to pay
    For a minter...?
    Not one to pry...ballpark would be good..:Wideyed::Nailbiting::eek:

Enjoy

18. Me thinks he got a bargain there. My mate was looking for a year and ended up @ £14250 for a 1500 mile example with grey swing arm...

• Like Like x 1
  19. I was fortunate, there at the right time, had the cash etc etc.... I got on well with the seller...Deal done........ Its worth 11 to 12k...but i paid under 10k...

#39 quantuman, May 5, 2016
    Last edited: May 5, 2016
    • Like Like x 5
  20. £10 1/2k here DUCATI 999 (2003/03) for sale [ref: 3275632] | MCN

But I like the Fila.....If I sold my 996 + 999 + GSXR I could probably get one:Bag:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information