1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

998 Finally Got To Ride Her...

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by bettes, Sep 17, 2015.

1. Great looking bike bettes!!!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. ian i just went through this thread... i need to change my pants. what a lovely thing it is and great attention to detail!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. As it stands...

image.jpeg image.jpeg

• Like Like x 7
  4. Mate you can come help with my new beast!! Didn't go for the mavics in the end then??

5. Hi mate. Might be down your neck of the woods this weekend. Have you started work on the new beast yet?

Marvics will be on soon but maybe fitted sometime over winter. :upyeah:

6. I'm at Brackley all weekend mate.

7. Are those 4 pad calipers on the front brakes? I am considering the upgrade on my 998 and have heard I would need different brake lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Hi mate. Yes 4 pad. P4 34 65mm centres. I think they are interchangeable but not sure about the brake lines. And they are good. :upyeah:

Ian

9. I fitted them to my 916, they need new brake lines.

10. Do you remember what you went with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. New brake lines are required as the P4\34 calipers have cranked ends at the caliper end. You could use the 748R\998S crossover style line but any non standard kit will have two separate lines which is said to be better and required for racing I believe.

I used HEL lines when I fitted them to my 748R engined 748S but found that the unions at the top (master cylinder) are angled at 90 degrees which is a bit odd and they tend to slightly block the view of the temperature gauge. They work perfectly though and the conversion is worthwhile.

Do not use cheap pads though as they can fade even with moderately hard braking. I had brand new Goldfren pads supplied with my calipers when I bought mine and they were diabolic.

• Like Like x 1
  12. image.jpeg image.jpeg

Clutch sorted.

• Like Like x 3
  13. And a few Ti bolts...
    image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  14. Im sure i saw a bit of dirt :upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. That's tomorrow's job while at work. :upyeah:

16. Great looking bike.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. Hi Andy. The front pinch bolts are just polished stainless. I got the rear hub pinch bolts off fleabay for a tenner. Got the axle nuts from podium racing in the states. Works out cheaper than buying them over here and no duty taxes to pay. Just ordered the sprocket carrier and sprocket flange nuts of them too.

18. Sound. Been thinking about replacing front axle pinch bolts. Hesitant to swap out calliper mounting bolts due to the shear stress involved. Rear hub pinch bolts look great, I got my rear sets from podium, pretty fast delivery from them.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information