1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Ride On My New Diavel

Discussion in 'Diavel & XDiavel' started by dkdavid, Jul 30, 2016.

1. Well thought I would write a few words on my first ride on the black beauty, first impression bloody hell fire is this legal ? Must be , I cannot compare it to my last bike the zzr1400, because they are two different bikes full stop, the riding position is spot on for me, I just a little low but I will get used to that I am sure, the suspension seems a little harsh at the moment ( only 560 miles on the clock ) but the bike is booked in for its first service on Tuesday and is going to be set up to meet my needs,going through the gears is more than adequate , but at lower speeds 5th and 6th are a no go, as some one said on here they are crusing gears , so that's going back to my old style of bikes.
    A little nervous of the handling at the moment as I have the side number plate holder fitted and did not want to fetch the thing off.but it turns in lovely , riding through a town centre traffic I was aware of the heat off the engine.
    So all in all this bike I think meets my needs, short rides and playing with the odd sports car , I never intended touring on this bike, but the odd blast to the sea side for fish and chips is on the cards very soon, although I think a low screen may be needed .

Dave

2. Hi Dave, where in Nottingham are you based?

3. Hi
    In Hucknall , north Nottinghamshire

4. Not far from me, I'm in Nuthall.

5. Will have to meet up soon then !

6. Sounds like a plan! :grinning:

I'll check the family diary with Her Indoors & will send you a conversation message later.

7. Hi Dave

I'm pleased you're enjoying your new devil... I've had mine a few months now and have fallen more in love as I get more and more used to her.

I go through papplewick and Linby up to the M1 J27 every day to get to work... I saw a chap riding a new dark just on the roundabout near the ambulance station.... I can only assume that was you!

Would definitely be good to meet up, with Rudolph too, and go for a ride...

Ant

8. Guilty as charged, yes it was me and i agree with your comments. The ride out sounds like a plan ( no rain though please )

Dave

9. How about a ride this Sunday if the weather is good?

10. Just in the middle of a house move at the moment , I will keep in touch
    Dave

11. Depending on how I recover from the wedding I'm going to on Saturday... Could be a plan!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information