1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fitting crash bobbins

Discussion in 'Streetfighter' started by bryce, Jun 21, 2013.

1. Bought the frame bobbins from evotech - (Fantastic service by the way) - and I'm looking for tips on fitting them.

It would appear that when you install them they will pull up against the frame, causing "metal to metal". I'm not so keen on this as it will most likely cause the paint to get rubbed.

Any tips?

2. I have these on mine and have used them on previous bikes with painted frames. they wont rub as when they are tightened they dont move, its no different to the metal washer and nut you take off to fit these?

3. It won't rub due to movement but I'm sure it'll still mark as its tightened against the frame on the outer edge. Existing bar with bolt and washer are internal to the frame.

See attached pic with bobbin placed in situ.

image.jpg

4. Bizarrely, I just went and had a look at mine and one side sits all the way in and is indeed touching the outside of the frame, same side as in the photo above, while on the other side, the wider part of the bush is sitting about 3mm from the outside of the frame. Makes me wonder if they are sided and slightly different lengths?

5. trying to fit some on my MTS, the LHS plug in the frame for the engine bolt will not budgr, how does it come out?

6. had them on mine for 2 yrs not damaged or marked anything

Do Not Sell My Personal Information