1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For All The Naysayers: Circuit Of Wales To Go Ahead

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by redsail, Nov 18, 2015.

• Like Like x 1
  1. 6000 full time jobs? Does this mean during the construction phase? Wonder what the noise restrictions will be on a new circuit? All good news but only if the capex gets signed I guess :smileys:

2. Don't believe this will ever get finished, hope I'm wrong

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Don't forget your wets

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  4. They always lie about the number of jobs! Helps with planning. Like the idea, still think it's a daft place for it.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. I live 20 minutes away from the site, trust me its a GREAT venue !!!!! : )
    But, unfortunately I can't see it ever coming to fruition, but I desperately hope I'm wrong

• Like Like x 2
  6. I'm about 30 mins away it is a fantastic location. Trust me it is smack in the middle of some of the best biking roads in the country.

Some of the road infrastructure has already been built, heads of the valleys road widening is also almost complete too. Its happening.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2

7. hope youre right even if its just to rid ourselves of the tedium of silverstone (from a spectating POV) :Greedy: :Stop: :Yawn: :Mooning:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Better get the flying pigs trained up for the opening race then.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. @Steve m and @redsail travelling to first shakedown testing at the Circuit of Wales.
    sheep.jpg

• Funny Funny x 6
  10. That will double the amount of people in employment in wales then!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. I find that HIGHLY offensive! I wouldn't be seen dead on a bike like that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Heard that the construction contract had been given to a Spanish company, sounds a bit dodgy don't you think?

13. Probably co-owned by Dorna

• Like Like x 1
  14. FCC are the largest contractor in Europe, they did the re alignment works at Jerez a couple of years ago. They are partnered with Alun Griffiths, probably the largest civils contractor in Wales
    The 6000 potential jobs are not just at the circuit, the plans include a green vehicle technology park and several industrial units.
    Personally I can't wait, the area desperately needs investment and the circuit design looks brilliant.
    The buzz in the industry is that funding for the circuit itself is secured (there is still a bit of a gap for the industrial estate), procurement has already started and they are aiming to start major earthworks in the new year.

• Like Like x 3
  15. This being built will kill off another race circuit , not exactly the best economic climate at the moment

16. it will be heavily subsidised by the tax payer and it will need to be, crowds will be well down compared to a more centrally located venue

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. all positive from me. COW fest anyone?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. From that over-view image it looks seriously flat & dull. Have these planners not travelled to any interesting tracks around europe that take advangate of hills.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information