1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For All The Naysayers: Circuit Of Wales To Go Ahead

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by redsail, Nov 18, 2015.

1. You mean he's a mother in law? That sort of in law. ?

2. Since (as I recall) you were preparing the flying pigs for the first race at the Circuit of Wales, it is time to consider the flying bacon option.

3. If you want flying bacon join NPAS! You'll have to be quick though, what with all the restructuring.

4. Cool, they're bound to be better in a sandwich than they are at flying.

5. Which way to the new circuit? The new airfield isn't built yet

image.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  6. Going to concentrate on my hoverboarding skills maybe that could be an option for the first race or maybe just use the abandoned foundation trenches for the World Bog Snorkelling championships?

7. So much smugness on this thread.

It's a shame it didn't happen and it was always going to be a long shot or even a dodgy scheme that was never going to come to fruition. But it would have been good to have another circuit in the South of the UK.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Could someone fill in the blanks here for me? Was it dependent on EU funding? If not, why would the EU vote HAVE to be the death knell?

9. Blaneau Gwent has been one of the biggest recipients of EU funding for regeneration in the past 20 years. It was expected from the developers to receive more EU funding to assist the development.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Ah. That's f*cked it then. :-( Shame. Thanks Toro.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. I've been holding my breath since I woke this morning, am I wasting my time? As for the EU money helping in the construction costs you only have the Welsh to blame for that as they voted unanimously for Brexit. Maybe theres a great headline grabber for Nichola Sturgeon, she can get EU funding for a circuit in Scotland as she's delusional about staying in the EU.

12. in what way? more interested how things are reported else where?
    would deffo be up for another track. preferably on the west coast.

13. Why were the EU funding it anyway?! Tax payers money should never go into this kind of vanity project, just like it shouldnt go into a golf course.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. [​IMG]

This is the track we used up in Scotland last weekend :(

15. well, maybe if you dried yer eyes it wouldn't be in spate. :Smuggrin:
    :smileys:

16. because our government (such as it is) cant be relied upon to invest in areas that require investment

you only have to look at the 17 billion of our money that the EU re-invested in Liverpool when the tory government planned to "manage its decline"

Thatcher urged 'let Liverpool decline' after 1981 riots - BBC News

17. here's a before and after in case you were wondering what it looked like

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information