1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For All The Naysayers: Circuit Of Wales To Go Ahead

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by redsail, Nov 18, 2015.

1. You cannot compare an area regeneration with building a circuit. Direct comparison would be the 6k jobs that Trump was creating when he built that golf course against all locals but bought the right people. Few hundred at most and another extemely exclusive course built with loval funding support as well as 'blind eye' politics

Id rather see £367m ploughed into propping up industry in that area, subsidising wages so businesses are encouraged to locate there, and builidng road and rail networks to support delivery of those goods.

Its just that our govt dont want to support that either thats the issue, and brexit means we have to hold them more to account.

No idea how

2. devolved labour government.
    need i say more?

3. That I definitely agree with but the COW is a started for 10 isnt it? Whats our government offering in the way of redevelopment? The grand sum of sweet FA as it stands.

At the end of the day I don’t trust our government to act properly and in the best interests of the people and havent for a very very log time.. funnily enough it dates back to that witch thatcher and continues to this day under Cameron/May/whoever.

(Its also another reason why I voted to remain, so they weren't accountable for everything but sadly it looks like that’s something im going to have to live with.)

4. Not sure it is red. There must be other developments, for example create call centre hubs, knicker makers, whatever creates actual jobs rather than simply plants that employ machinery with a skeletal staff to watch

Cardiff and parts of S Wales thrive because they have (fairly) easy access and some business have located there. No reason why there shouldnt be similar north.

We need to export our product abroad (imagine selling IT services to India?!) and make the most of the fact we have so many peolple in such a small space. Of which millions are unemployed and unskilled. Also supply Britain with British product, not outsource (energy from France??!)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Bloody Brexit :Hilarious:

6. It's not the bloke who took on BHS at the helm is it...

7. "Well could have seen that coming" said Blind Bard, the blindest man in blind town.
    Talks are underway for Castle Combe to run moto gp in 2017, head grand dad at Castle Combe has said that they are willing to lift their strict noise limits to 99dbs for the race weekend and that Mrs Smith in the local B&B has agreed to double the capacity in her 2 rossette house by using camp beds and allowing camping on the lawn.

• Funny Funny x 4
  8. Hold the training :Wideyed::Wideyed::Wideyed:

9. £9 million of public money could potentially have done a lot of good in Blaenau Gwent, and could have built some useful infrastructure there. But what has actually happened is that the £9 million has been siphoned off into the pockets of scammers and con-men, and there is nothing whatever to show for it - not so much as a hole in the ground. The real purpose of the much-publicised £350 million scheme was to make £9 million upfront look like a small sum in the eyes of naive, hopeful people. And that is the way con-tricks work.

10. For the 9mil I think they got a few nice drawings and a 'fly by' promo video.

11. [​IMG]

12. Not everything - just suckers.

13. Personally i cant see the point of building a racetrack where its literally raining all the time (id say 80% of the time i go over to wales [the wifes family are all welsh] it fucking starts as soon as youve paid the toll)....wouldnt somewhere along the south coast have been a better location? had the whole project gained wheels...

14. You make a good point

15. Similar to indy ref is back on thread this :)

16. I'd heard this would be the outcome a week plus ago from a contact I have that has dealings with the Welsh assembly. The proposed operator, despite talking a good fight, haven't got a pot to piss in. They too have been found out.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information