1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 Fork Rebound Fail

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Stu1199, Mar 29, 2017.

1. fork rebound not working on Marzocchi's got 9'000 mile on them , dealer spot on getting them changed but not with original Marzocchi's as they have been superseded don't no as of yet what they are going to be any thoughts on possibilities, do the 959 or 899 forks work on the 1299 , have actually asked if I could pay the difference to upgrade to Ohlins forks , also bit worried about resale valves , thanks

2. 899/959 are showa bpf,quite common on a lot of sportsbikes and have a good rep but they will not fit your bike without changing the top yolk.

3. I thought that was the case thanks for info Simmytt , rather pay for upgrade to Ohlins thou .

4. Would be interested to know what they offer you,Ohlins cartridge kit foc would be a good outcome,they must have a option as they have to make spare parts available for so many years after manufacturing a vehicle.

5. Marzocchi went bust i believe. It will be whatever is on the latest 1299.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Probably Sachs then?

7. The forks on the 1299 are marzocchi still aren't they...

Pretty sure mine are and it's a 2017 bike

• Like Like x 1
  8. Marzocchi still fitted on STD 1299, they also didn't go bust bought out by a massive company in Italy

• Like Like x 1
  9. Marzocchi MTB Suspension and Marzocchimoto (motorcycle suspension) are separate companies, neither now owned by the Marzocchi brothers who started the business. Marzocchi MTB Suspension is part of Fox and Marzocchimoto is part of VRM spa who are in the motorcycle frame business. Andy

10. The original part numbers are indeed obsolete and have been superseded to the part numbers off the 1299. Both are available as far as I can see, so shouldn't be any issues.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. Thanks nelly , hoping that'll be the outcome, rather have same but updated forks back on bike

12. You nuked me, wasn't sure why ?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Soz mate like my spanner skills ! My IT is even less! :flushed:

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information