1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Frame Plugs £2

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by JimVee, Mar 9, 2017.

1. While looking at the USofA forum, I noticed one of the guys had put some frame plugs onto his Multi so decided to follow his lead.

The frame plugs are actually chair leg rubber tips, size is 19mm, bought on fleabay for a couple of quid instead of £185 for OE plugs lol

Ignore the shiny bit, thats just water I used to slide them in neatly and they fit nice and tight. I think they look okay and you get 4 tips so both sides done, fit the bike quite nice :thumbsup:

IMG_2644.JPG IMG_2647.JPG IMG_2646.JPG

#1 JimVee, Mar 9, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 2
  2. Good work there Jim, very 'blue Peter' of you. ;)

3. Thanks but just tight lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. You're not on the VW t4/5 forum by any chance are you?

5. I am a member but only as I was looking to get a T5/6. Pop onto it every now and again as still interested, the idea was to buy a T5/6 for when we buy a place in France to do up and end up retiring there and the van would be ideal for carrying kit and the cat when doing the house up. Will probably end up with one as I think they look the dogs when personalised.

• Like Like x 1
  6. It's a good site though not as good as here... ;)
    Bought a t5 panel van and had it converted into a camper. Going to Spain and France in June, trouble is it kind of takes away from my 'Ducati time' and worse than that I'm not complaining!
    Good luck with it, motorised money pits.. It's what life's all about :)

7. Yeah, its quite informative site and on par with the money pit called Ducati accessories lol. I'm doing the WW1 sites with a mate end of May, he's on his Bandit.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Maplins blanking stoppers was the choice of old. Nice find :upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Thanks for the info Jim, was on my to do list so just ordered 4!

10. Thanks for the info

11. Bottlecaps, Beck`s beer

20160201_155549.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  12. Jim are the sizes given on flee bay bore or outside diameters ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

13. Hi Nozzle, Pick the 19mm bore as it gives you an additional 2-3mm on the wall thickness and they need to be slightly squeezed to fit in the holes.

14. If we could find a plug for the swiingarm hole at the bottom of the shock that collects water and holds it forever, that would be great :rolleyes:

15. 872.1.016.1A
    Cap 1
    872.1.017.1A Cap 2

I wonder if they are the same shape hole that they used to Cap off? Item 29 & 30

2001-sbk748_120.jpeg

16. The water fills where the lower suspension eye connects to the swingers. Alas int think you can plug it. Seems a terrible design flaw, no drain under, so wash the bike then centre stand and it will go no where, ever!

17. Ta great idea

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

18. ordered a pack of 4, £2.75, bargain :upyeah:

19. Ditto - got to worth a go

Do Not Sell My Personal Information