1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

939 SP Free Power Run On A Dyno (for A Hypermotard), In Return For An Audio Recording For A Videogame!

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by tag_tim, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Hi all,

Hope everyone is well.

I have a quirky and urgent request for help please…and hopefully I can give something in return too!

I am looking for a Ducati Hypermotard to record the audio for, for a videogame. I work in games, and recorded a handful of bikes for a Moto GP game a few years back, so have done this sort of thing before.

Ideally I need to get the bike to a dynamometer, and record it that way. What we need to record are a few power run type recordings, plus some static RPM recordings and a bit of ‘riding’ as if the bike was on the road. Actual running time on dyno will be maybe 15 minutes. The rest is non dyno like startup, switch off, idle and blips. So you would get a free power run out of it so you could get some technical info on your bike’s performance!

We would need the bike for maybe 2-3 hours tops. This includes 30 minutes to set mics up, around an hour to record, bearing in mind that we would probably stop a few times to allow the bike to cool. Then another 30 minutes for us to dismantle the microphones etc. From memory when we did this before, it could be a little under 2 hours, could be a little over.

We would pay for the dyno of course, and could give you some dosh for expenses. As well as the power run, we could also give you a professional, crystal clear audio recording of your bike for a ringtone, or just for your interest and pleasure :) I could also possibly get you a copy of the game (unfortunately I cannot mention what it is for yet, but probably can when we record)

As mentioned, we recorded a load of bikes before, and that all went smoothly, and therefore assuming your bike is in good shape, there should be no issues.

I am in Bristol, and can find a dyno around here. We recorded a load of bikes in Nottingham before, so I would be happy to go there again if anyone was close to Nottingham. However, if you are somewhere else, and it isn’t an enormous distance away from me, like in Scotland ;) then I would probably be willing to come to you, and would look to book a dyno near you.

I am also looking for various other Ducati’s – an 899 Panigale, an 848, a 1098, and a 999 and have posted similar messages in the other forums for those. Of course, if you have friends who have these, or we could group some together, then that would be cool!

The noisier sounding the better, but appreciate that time is tight, so not going to be fussy!

Anyway, if this sounds like something you are interested in, and could do within the next 2 weeks, then please send me a message!

Cheers

Tim

2. Sounds legit

3. I have an 821 in Milton Keynes if its of any use, not planning to head down to bristol any time soon though!

4. Hey all...thanks to Rutter for volunteering on this one. I am now told that this might not be required, so am putting this request on hold, in case anyone else was thinking of replying.

Thanks again to Rutter - definitely first shout if this becomes required again. Fantastic group of people on this forum with some very nice machines!

Have a good weekend all!

5. Hi. Just about to pick up an evo sp.... I'm in bristol and was planning to take mine to cjs to get the power commander removed and the ecu reflashed.... Dunno if that helps... It'll have an sc project full evo system on there so its going to make a lot more noise than a 939 especially with an open clutch basket!

6. Hi again...I am just going to open this up again to anyone who might have a Hypermotard/Hyperstrada 821 please.

Many thanks for the offer of the Evo SP...unfortunately this is not quite what we are looking for on this game, but I will bear you in mind for the next one, as I think we have more bike requirements coming up soon!

Anyway...I am getting the impression that these bikes are a bit less common, so just wondered if anyone else with an 821 was up for doing a recording?

Thanks!
    Tim

7. i have a SC Projects loaded SP 939 if that helps? (sounds the nuts!!)

I'm based in Kent and happy to help.

8. Hi there...many thanks for the offer...I very much appreciate it, but I think we are sorted out for now.

However, I am pretty sure we will be looking for more bikes to record in a month or two so I hope I can bear you in mind for then!

So, this thread can be closed for now thanks :)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information