1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1199 Front Axle Pinch Bolts Torque Value

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Bananaman, Jan 10, 2017.

1. I've taken the front wheel off to get a new tyre fitted, having downloaded a workshop manual for an 1199 (from some nice chap on this forum) I managed to get the following info:

Front Wheel nut - 64Nm
    Front brake caliper bolts- 45Nm
    front axle pinch bolts - 19Nm (1-2-1) fastening, but I am lead to believe this is for ohlins front forks.
    Whats the torque value for the front axle pinch bolts on standard forks?

2. I've PM'd you the Torque Values document for the 1199, but see below for the front fork assembly. :Writing:

Screen Shot 2017-01-10 at 11.12.08.png

#2 Robarano, Jan 10, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2017
  3. Is it the "TCEI screw M6x25 8.8 - Marzocchi fork feet clamps to clevis pin fastener (only standard version)" ?
    6Nm? and what's EST - INT - EST?
    I wish they had pictures with arrows, I understand that more.

4. You also have the fork, 2nd from the top @8NM.
    EST - INT - EST I imagine is the tightening sequence - External - Internal - External.

5. Even thought it shows an Ohlins fork. This is from the manual for the non S model and refers to the standard fork.

Screen Shot 2017-01-10 at 12.30.43.png

• Like Like x 1
  6. The bit in my manual must be for an Ohlins front fork:

Before tightening the screws (6) under the fork legs, lower the motorcycle to the ground and push up and down the handlebars to load the suspension; so the fork legs will become properly seated onto the wheel shaft.
    Tighten the screws (6) to a torque of 19 Nm ± 5%, following a 1-2-1 sequence.

Thanks a lot, I've fastened them to 6Nm.

[​IMG]

7. 6nm seems quite low.......

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. It's only an M6 bolt compared to the Ohlins M8. Even though, I think I'd go to 8NM with the recommended threadlock.

9. It doesn't need to be high for those type of clamps, it's very easy to wreck them by over tightning. KTM dirt bikes have the whole front suspension held together with similar torques, including the tripleclamp /yokes and they take a right battering.

• Useful Useful x 1
  10. Message me i have the entire torque value catalogue

11. :Wideyed:

12. Can someone PM me a torque catalogue too? Have a 1299.
    Thanks.

13. Done :)

14. Thank you:upyeah:

15. I just acquired a 2018 Ducati Supersport S. Moved up from an ST4 that gave me good service for 17 years. Does anyone have access to the torque settings for my machine. A PM would be much appreciated. Thx.

16. I put some of the more commonly used ones on a pic that I keep with my toolbox. Saves me having to look them up all the time....
    0DA4104B-880D-4860-8D2E-6EE79145FE47.jpeg

• Love You Love You x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. Thats sexiness right there.

18. excellent pic guide, well done.

19. Thanks for the nice diagram.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information