1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Front Fork Ducati 848

Discussion in 'Detailing and cleaning' started by Boukekoppejan, Jun 8, 2016.

1. Hello,

I think i need your help a litle bit, i bought my white Ducati 848 a year ago with some damaged parts. The most parts are all ready replaced but one part is a litle bit difficult. That is the front fork, the black or grey part at the wheel where the brake is mounted. Replacement is a litle bit too expansieve, does any body have an other or better idea to make this nice again?

There ar a lot of scretches so you can see the metal. Is painting an option?

Thank you!!!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

2. Whatever it is I'd forget about it until winter but keep your eyes peeled on ebay or set up an alert for replacement?

My petrol tank ideally wants repainting but nobody notices or cares...848's are gorgeous

3. Ok so repainting is not an goos idea?

4. I guess you can but in winter

5. Could it not be powder coated? Might withstand stone chips a little better that's all

6. Maybe some wrapping?

7. Post a pic of damage, lets have a look and see what needs doing.

8. I'am holiday till next friday, when home i post a picture[emoji106]

9. [​IMG]

10. It looks not very nice[emoji56][emoji106]

11. That can be dressed with a fine file, wipe a bit of metal filler in the scuffs and painted. Fit some crash bungs through the axle if it still looks rough.

12. Ok so there is Some hope[emoji5]

13. Looks it nice to paint it black or try to get the original color?

14. As Streetfighter said, easy job that and its in an area thats not to noticeable i would try and get a good colour match,it looks a plain colour and not metallic if its metallic try ladies nail varnish they come in lots of metallic shades and colours.

15. Problem is over, i just bought a new pair and now it is good looking[emoji106]

16. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
Do Not Sell My Personal Information