1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1198 Front Number Boards

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Pavey, Jun 10, 2016.

1. I have the Motografix one on my red 1198 but can't decide where it looks better with or without.

Thinking it may make the bike look cheaper. What's down with the kids at the moment, on or off?

2. Let's see pictures please.

3. Here it is from the front which is the angle I'm not loving too much, think it is the shape of it. From the side i think it looks pretty snazzy.

The black bike used to have one too which i took off aswell, maybe it's fate!

[​IMG]
    image upload

4. I like the number boards, I think that looks good. The 1098R ones are the ones I'd love, replicas at least.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. I agree (on the 1098r boards) but as far as i am aware nobody copies them, so would mean a paint job, which i would like to do one day.

6. My uncles old 1098 was mint. Red, with white numberboards but edged in gold, a bit like his hailwood replica helmet (which he based it upon).

7. DSC_0115.JPG Well i really like the look of the white boards and so have done this to mine, i like it so thats all what matters lol

• Like Like x 1
  8. I stand corrected, that is pretty close to the shape of the 1098r ones. Looks good Matt, what brand is it?

9. How about this one ?

848 front.jpg

10. image.jpeg image.png image.png I wasn't gonna buy a red Ducati but these number boards set it off and now I love them.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Where are they from Stu?

12. That is an exceptional lawn, is it real? Can't quite tell.

13. I got mine from ebay ... from Italy in about a week ... front was 30 euros and the stripe kit was 25 euros ... didnt like any from the uk companies tbh

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. Afternoon, there based on the 1098R as said and were purchased from eBay but can't find them when search.

Haha that's the picture taken by the guy I bought it off but it's top quality fake pal. If that was my own real grass I wouldn't be slaving away as a joiner, I'd have 5 Ducati's and a well run gardening service.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  15. I prefer it with the number board.

• Like Like x 1
  16. It's gone, much prefer it.

image.png

17. @Pavey sorry to resurrect this thread, but the picture in "it's gone" looks like you still have the number boards on the seat unit? do you have a higher shot by any chance so that you can see the red nose with the seat unit with number boards.

I have an 1198s the same as you, currently with standard red nose and have acquired a1098r seat unit and can't visualise how this would look fitted, any chance of a piccy if you have one.

Thanks

Maccaa

Do Not Sell My Personal Information