1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1098 Front Paddock Stand 1098

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by ditchvisitor, Sep 12, 2015.

1. I'm looking to get a front paddock stand for my 1098s and wondered if anyone had any recommendations at all?
    Thanks in advance!

2. I use one of these on my 1198

[​IMG]

3. Thanks, for the reply, whereabouts did you get it from?

4. Many thanks.

5. For wheel removal put the fingers under the brake calliper mounts, not the fork bottoms

7. Yes. If you want to use it under the fork bottoms to get the wheel off you will find the finger brackets get in the way. A simple fix is to put a piece of split hosepipe over each of the fingers and tape in place. This gives a couple of mm's that allows the axle to be removed.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ok will get one ordered thanks for the reply and the tip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Some comments as you asked for tips :)

The good quality solid welded one such as the Harris ones are well worth the extra money if you can manage it. The two piece cheaper ones like chris pictures above can be very unstable and get out of shape. Perfectly fine if it's just for your garage over the winter but I'm going to shell out for the posh ones from now on as we're on track and work on our bikes a lot.

The best ones for the front are the under nose ones as it's easier to remove the front brake callipers and wheel, plus there's no weight sitting on the suspension. Often you can't fit them on road bikes as you can't always get to the hole under the bottom yoke to fit them due to plastics.

10. Also the better quality ones are almost always shaped in a way that doesn't get in the way of removing the front wheel and brakes. The rear ones are the same; the budget ones have 'Y' hooks that block you from removing the axle nut on double sided swingarms. Luckily single sided swingarm paddock stands are only really available well made.

11. #12 samieb, Mar 21, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. I use FG Gubellini front and back. The front stand (see link in previous post) is good and stable and leaves room for spindle removal.

13. Good info.. thanks do the headstock stands fit the 848/1098/1198 ok without anything in the way ? that would be the one ideally i want as you said it lets me remove the wheel and rest the suspension... Cheers

14. The front paddock stand for the 848/1098/1198 that fits under the yokes doesnt fit as there isn't a hole correct me if I'm wrong???

• Like Like x 1
  15. @Chris2511

TBH I don't know if it fits, I never tried it when I owned the 1098 so can't confirm this. I needed a pin modified which had a double headed pin (twice the standard size supplied)in order to lift up the 8/1199 front end. My mate simply re-designed and milled me a new pin on his lathe that fits the Panigale (28mm) with a small shoulder so it fits and holds better. As mentioned you'll need to check if a hole exists on the 1098 for 1 to fit and then do your necessary searches as appropriate on the stands. It also works with the Monster S2R which is why I bought it in the 1st place.

Enclosed is a photo of the stand under the S2R, when I get it back I'll take a photo of it under the 899.

IMG_4645.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  16. o
    ok cheers

17. FS11/D from Probate in Northampton, fits all my bikes and allows front fork removal as well as wheel. Not cheap at £129+vat but it is good.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information