1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Front Wheel Spindle

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by 749si, May 26, 2016.

1. A little confused, putting the front wheel spindle in and the sleeve in the fork, left side that it screws into is spinning as i try and do it up.
    Is there just a knack or am i missing something glaringly obvious ?
    Cheers
    Si

2. If I understand what your saying the threaded bush is turning whilst your doing up the spindle?

If so then tighten up the two pinch bolts in the fork leg bottom to "hold" the threaded bush.

• Like Like x 1
  3. @mcr998 yeah thats exactly whats happening, ive tried doing up the pinch bolts but they cant be done too tight as it tightens the spindle up too much and you cant screw the spindle in, so i slackened them off a tadge at a time but the bush then turns, i didnt know if there was particular order or something im not doing ?

4. Run the spindle in as far as it will go without the bush turning; then tighten the bush side pinchbolts only; then tighten the axle; then the axle side pinchbolts...........

.......but don't forget to bounce the forks before you fully tighten up, just to make sure they are all aligned.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. @Arquebus OK Al ill try that

6. Si....Tightening the pinchbolts right up on the bush side should have no effect on the axle / spindle running in smoothly.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Thats interesting Al, as i said every time i tightened them the spindle locked up, think im gonna need to remove everything and start afresh, its always the simple stuff !!!

8. Take the spindle out and take the top hat bush out, then see if the bush will screw onto the spindle..........That bush shouldn't turn if the left fork leg pinchbolts are tight.

9. @Arquebus It doesnt turn when the pinch bolts are tightened, it just seems to be when im trying to do up the spindle.
    Ill give what you said a go Al thanks :thumbsup:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information