1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Fuel Sensor Error Message On The Dash

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by AndyW, Apr 20, 2014.

1. I got the same error on my 2013 whilst I was away on my Euro tour last month. Once it started intermittently it seemed to get progressively worse to the point the error now stays on. Not a show stopper as I gauge fuel by mileage.
    No issue progressing through warranty and am having the fuel sender replaced tomorrow. Seems its not an uncommon issue.

2. Before the fuel sender was replaced I started to get engine management warning light whenever the sender error came up on the dash, as no other errors were being reported I ignored the warning and when the fuel indicator reverted to its normal empty indication the management light went out.
    Sender has now been replaced and the log was checked to see if there were any other faults logged, it was clear so my supposition was correct. could be a risk ignoring engine management warnings.

3. My fuel sensor warning came on for the first time yesterday whilst in Wales, soon disappeared when started up again, things beginning to stack up , time for a 2014 I think

4. Been out for a ride this morning and the my Multistada 1200S 2014 and fuel sensor error is being displayed on dash with flashing fuel gauge and engine management light on. Sometimes the gauge will stop flashing and show full but there only half a tank of fuel. After some time problem clears for a while then returns again.

5. Fuel sensor error started on Sunday on my 2013 bike. Booked in for a replacement on the 22nd. First problem I've had....... Shouldn't have said that. Lol

6. I got the same issue on my Multi Pikes Peak two weeks ago. Rode last weekend again, hoping it will fade away. The problem remained. So, i just placed an order for a new sensor. US $200.00. I am in Texas.
    Now, my questions are.
    1) When the fuel error sensor comes on, is it normal the engine alert light comes on as well? Would this go away, if the fuel sensor issue is resolved?
    If software update is required,
    2) When replacing the sensor, is software update required? If so, is this something i can do, or i need to connect to some dealer's computer to do it?
    Thanks in advance.
    Mark

7. Apparently it's normal for the engine warning light to come on when the fuel sensor fails. I think it comes on with the failure of any sensor.
    I believe that with the 2012 models there was a change to the fuel sensor so that bike which predate this need a software update to work with the new sensor. Unfortunately it needs the dealer to connect it to their Ducati Diagnostic to update the software.
    The fuel gauge on my 2010 model has been erratic all the time I've had the bike. When it finally fails it seems I'll have to take it to a dealer for the software update. There is only one dealer in Scotland and that's a 200 mile round trip for me. :(

8. some whispers...59210212C is the new fuel level sensor parts number and latest revision...

9. Thanks for the tip. My second change of fuel sensor was completed in my MSD2103 only last week in Pattaya. They replaced with a 59210211C. After reading your post, I was a little disappointed they would not replace with the latest gen part, especially given I had to wait about 6 weeks. I now experience a full tank to half tank in 30km and suffer from DTC switching off at what seems to be random timing. I am still trying to troubleshoot the DTC issue and work out if it is linked.

In the meantime, I have ordered a 59210212C and will install it myself. Will post updates on my progress.

10. Eh, any update yet?!
    :)

11. Can you fit the sensor yourself and just ride in for the software update?

12. Don't see why not but I would check to see if Dealer happy with this.....and maybe get a quote for them to do the work to be sure it's worth your while ;-)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information