1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Funniest Film Of All Time

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Speed_Triple, Jan 29, 2015.

1. As we know, Life of Brian was voted Funniest British Film of All Time - but can anyone think of a funnier film made elsewhere?

• Like Like x 1
  2. I can't think of a funnier film, but I just found my book 'The Sanity Inspector' by Alan Coren.......

3. Duck Soup - The Marx Brothers, funniest film I've ever seen, life of Brian is definitely up there

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Airplane 2. Or 1 and 2 together, they are a matched pair.

Just my opinion, based solely upon how matched they've made me laugh compared to any other film.

Great idea for a thread! :upyeah:

5. yip airplane 1 whent to the flickes to see it four days on the trot, superb. airplane 2 the part where william shatner is communicating on a screen but is actually a door with a window gets me every time.
    there was a film i watched as a kid "a crazy crazy world" i remember being in stitches with that one.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. I agree with Duck Soup and the two Airplane films but I have to say that LoB is not only my favourite for laughs, but also for its ability to make you critically examine all the trash you're spoonfed as a kid in school assemblies and the like.

My son took the DVD off the shelf and up to his room when he was about 10 and I only found out when I went to check out the fits of laughter emanating from his room. Soon after that he announced he was an atheist. Could have been a coincidence though.

Of course, the film also spawned a fierce debate about the nature and value of religion in a secular society, which is where came in I suppose, but that is another story.

Does anyone remember the ludicrous criticisms of the film - usually using completely spurious reasoning - by the religious luminaries of the day and commentators such as Malcolm Muggeridge? They're on You Tube and are almost beyond satire!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Yes. Good choice. Wonder if it has stood the test of time. Must have been a long time ago!

8. Life of Brian is brilliant and probably the funniest (what have the Romans ever done for us eh?).

I would also rate the Blues Brothers as a contender. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Good point. Malcolm Muggeridge was a clever chap, usually, but over Life of Brian he made a complete twat of himself. So much so that he is now remembered for little else.

10. Ah, the Blues Brothers ... Happy memories. We used to tear down to the south coast and back from London on our bikes before settling down for a few Newccy Browns and tiny hand-rolled ciggies to enjoy the umpteenth uproarious screening of Elmore and Jake's travails on one of those new-fangled video recorder things. National Lampoon's Animal House was also a favourite post-ride movie.

And we also loved Derek and Clive. Though not strictly speaking a movie, I suppose, they were ferkin funny!

11. That's true. He went to my best mate's school in south London - Selhurst Grammar - where he is fondly remembered. Shame.

12. never got the blues brothers.
    as a general rule i don't watch comedies weather it be film or sitcom

13. The Ladykillers [1955].I have watched this a number of times for many years and still find it hilarious in a black sort of way.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. IMO the funniest line in Derek and Clive was when Dudley had been moaning about someone calling him a 'c***', so he called him a c*** as well.....

Peter said "What? You said it like that or was he gone by then?"

"No, he hit me..................................................f*****g c***"

15. did you mean this: image.jpg
    Or this: image.jpg

16. yip, forgot about them, how could i. deffo the best double act out here.

17. That explains a lot! You wouldn't be a stereotypical "dour Scotsman" by any chance? Not that there's anything wrong with that I hasten to add.

I'm your stereotypical rich southerner sitting in a multi-million pound house with nothing better to do than waste my time talking shit on bike forums. I'm on a few...

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Too many funny lines to recall them all, but Jayne Mansfield and lobsters springs to mind.

19. Yeah? on a few or had a few. teehee. nope i find humor in most situations. sometimes to my down fall. but hay hoo.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information