1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Givi Outback Trekker Pannier Option

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Dogtaxi, Jan 6, 2017.

1. Hi all, just finished installing the last of my Christmas presents....to myself, that is !

I've seen a few threads asking about pannier options (which are to be fair quite limited) and wanted to show you what I think is the perfect option for the Mutley.

Initially wanted to fit the Touratech system used on the Enduro but was told by the local dealer it wasn't recommended by Ducati for the non Enduro model, so looked for other options. Have the touring pack panniers but they are small and a pain to fit....anyway

Below are some pictures of the Givi Outback Trekker system.The mounting frames are to say the least substantial and the whole kit only took about 30 mins to fit, usually takes me that long to fit the standard panniers.

A real plus is that the frames are quick release/removable, a simple tool locks them on and unlocks them to remove so when you aren't in need of full luggage the whole lot comes off in seconds. It actually possible if you refit the foot peg mounts to use the standard panniers for a shorter trip.

I've hopefully attached 3 images, with panniers fitted, no panniers and finally no frames. These are the larger 48 Ltr items, they also do a smaller 37 Ltr option

IMG_0099.JPG

IMG_0101.JPG

IMG_0102.JPG

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. They are very nice & I was thinking of getting some for my bike until touratech & ducati did a deal. You are not going to get the top-case?

3. At the moment I'm going to stick with the standard Trekker top-box, it's 52 Ltrs and I already had it, it's also quite a bit lighter than the Outback version.

4. Hiya, what screen is that please?
    Ta
    Nick

5. Neat set up, what was the total cost of the bits?

6. Hi Old-Git, I believe it's the touring screen with a light tint, I've added a Puig adjustable spoiler. I get absolutely no buffering but a fair amount of wind noise, still working on options.

The pannier set-up cost £700, £200 for the frames and £250 for each pannier. After that we are looking at Touratech his 'n' hers comfort seats, top-box rack system and engine bars with Givi lights. The wife got me a Tomtom Rider 410 for Chrimbo. The cheapest feature is the Triclore wrap from Ventur, fiddly to fit but well worth it

• Like Like x 1
  7. Hi!

May you take some picture from the exhaust side?

Is there a problem if the panniers are at the same sise?

Thx!

8. Hello Mr Yeti, the frames are the same distance from the subframe on both sides so the panniers can be exactly the same size. On the exhaust side there's a heat shield fixed to the frame but the pannier is completely clear of the exhausts so don't even need the cut-out in the bottom of the pannier which of course reduces the capacity.

I'll try and take a picture during the week, have a new kitchen going in over the next couple of days so the bike is now buried behind a few boxes

Let me know if there's anything specific you'd like to see

9. Hi Dogtaxi!
    Thanks four your answer!
    Don't worry for the pictures.... You told me everything i needed to know!

I whish you to cook some good meals in your new kitchen ;p

10. Hi Dogtaxi
    i'm currently looking for something more capable than the ducati panniers and so far I like the look of the dolomite version of what you have fitted, must confess i'm having trouble finding out whether or not they will fit, any thoughts on whether they will fit the same frame as you've used ?

11. I just bought the 58 ltr. outback top box in black as I'm going the same route as you.
    I have both generations of the Multistrada so my goal is to rack both bikes and swap boxes between the two.
    The issue is racks for the 2012 model are somewhat more limited... Touratech make the best looking ones but they are designed for the Zega cases. Damn near tempted just to buy them and modify to work.

12. Hi AK66, I'm pretty sure the Dolomite versions are not compatible, they certainly don't use the same frames as far as I'm aware.

If you go on the Givi website and enter your bike model and Year it shows you what's available, the Dolomites aren't listed for my 2016 version.

13. cheers for the response, I've emailed Givi just to see, did you fit the engine bars yourself?

14. Yes, was my 'over Christmas' project, quite straight forward but had wait until last week to get the fog lights enabled by the local dealer. Has to be plugged in to do this, did get a nice new software update at the same time tho !

15. Hello from Thessaloniki, Greece!
    I have installed the black 37 lt version side cases and the Ducati top case as you can see: 20160618_163053.jpg 20160619_075421.jpg 20160618_105009.jpg
    The top opening is very handy! The dolomiti cases cannot be fitted and they a notch down in quality. Also the bare aluminium is very prone to scratches and stains compared to the black ones.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Hi,
    Do you know if it's possible to use the ducati key with the givi panniers?

17. Hi Le Yeti, I think it should be possible as the standard Ducati panniers and top box are actually made by Givi. That said I haven't actually tried stopping the lock barrels from the Ducati touring panniers to the outback panniers, maybe a question for your local dealer

18. I have tried but no luck, the barrels for sides cases that come with the MTS are a different type than the Trekker bags.
    However, meybe they could be made t fit with the MTS key if someone knows how to play with those little plates, rings etc inside the barrel (I wouldnt dare to!)

19. Thanks guys! That's that i expected so i don't want to try for nothing! More keys are not the end of the world!

Regards,

20. Super useful post. Finding good advice about non OEM panniers for Multistradas is not easy.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information