1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Gopro Action Camera, Which One And Where?

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Schifi, May 6, 2016.

1. Dear all,

i'm currently owning a DVT and also bought a Eken H8R which is a copy GoPro.
    due to the idiotic price of the GoPro I chose this one which is also very good for 1/8 of the price.

but now I want to use it on the Multi, but my question is where to mount?
    handlebar will be to much vibrations i think?
    trellis frame anyone?

hope you guys have some great tips :)

2. Helmet is the best option...

3. Handlebars

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. Helmet all the way. I've done sucker mounts, screw mounts on bikes etc & all they do is wreck the camera over time. You keep your head steady & this definitely helps with filming nice footage.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I use a drift camera and ram mounts on my handlebars. Use a long armed bracket to get the camera as far forward of the bars as poss - to the side of the screen in effect. Used it mounted that way on my old 2010 Multi, and it worked a treat. Not so easy to work out the same set up on my DVT, but have kinda fixed it the same way eventually. Not tried it yet, hopefully testing it tomorrow. Have also use the suction cup method on my helmet and also on the rear tail brake light assembly. Gives another viewing perspective, but my preferred choice is handlebar mounting.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. I've been wondering about this too.
    I was going to stick it on my helmet but the missus reckoned I looked like a TellyTubby - so it kinda put me off.

She asked me "what's your favourite TellyTubby?" I said, "Panasonic, now piss off!" :tonguewink:

I can't see any obvious way to fit to the handlebar, so I may have to go for the TellyTubby look after all.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
  7. I havent used yet but mine is fitted to the bar with a clamp, usual camera type one, and manages to clear everything when on full lock either way. Its between the mirror and the centre

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. I'll try that. Cheers.

9. Hi - I run 2 mounts,
    - One on the left hand side of the handlebars
    a very net RAM ball attachment that's attached by the left mirror
    and a long RAM arm to place the camera just in front and above the mirror.
    It's easy to reach to switch on and off with left hand and to see the red light blinking if it's filming. There is some vibration on hard acceleration but not enough to bother me. The advantage is you get a steady, constant view in the same direction ahead of the bike at all times.
    - Another mount on the left hand side of the helmet which is just using the curved mounting plate that came with the camera.
    There is no vibration and the view can be adjusted to include handlebars & front of bike etc for a more involving POV film, ( however I always try and keep the speedo out of shot... :wink:) You also capture your body movements if you're hanging off around corners etc... :tonguewink:
    Disadvantages are it can be tricky to switch on/off as you're riding along,
    also the natural movements of your head as you're looking left&right, checking mirrors etc excessive head movement can get annoying to watch.
    For me it just depends what I'm doing;
    helmet cam for track days or blatting around
    handlebar mount for touring or longer trips

Just my tuppence worth - todays sunshine beckons !
    Cheers, RMRH

IMG_4290.jpeg

IMG_4202.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. You can also get a chest mount, you get less vibe and none of the head turning effect, but it wouldn't be much good on a sports bike :smiley:
    For the GoPro Hero 2 you can get a remote attachment (like a wrist watch) if you find it awkward to operate the camera attached to your helmet.

11. Yes I ran a GoPro remote switch mounted to the handlebars for a while, which was easy to use.
    Big disadvantage is they connect via wifi which drains the batteries quickly, specially on the remote which has a fixed tiny rechargeable battery with can't be replaced with a charged one when it runs out...

12. As per my previous post, herewith a couple of pics to show my set up with RAM mounts. Know it won't suit everyone, but it shows you an option....

P1000719.JPG

P1000720.JPG

P1000721.JPG

P1000723.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  13. Shouldn't be a problem adding that to the list of hardwiring :)

14. Going to try this tomorrow. Can't use waterproof case as they are on route to Portimao with my new cam. Last time I used this one it stops after 3 min and battery dead in 10 do new battery and give it a go

With tank bag it fouls a bit at full lock

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  15. Thanks guys for all the good ideas, in the end a number of options are open for testing :smile:
    I heared nobody about mounting it on the frame.
    So I will check that and send some pictures.

16. Schifi put Biot1200 into You Tube and you'll see footage on a track day, of my Mutley with a GoPro fitted to the Motech crash bars. Not too much vibration. Used the GoPro tube clamp. Didn't come off on track or road. Fitting to handle bars will produce same amount of vibration I think.

17. tested today, works fine, no real vibes, will post the most boring bit I can edit in ;) but happy with my set up

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. I used a soldering iron to cut a hole on the left of my touring screen and attached mine to that. I get a fair amount of vibration on poor roads but mines for accident/insurance purposes so not after anything more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. I used helmet and water pump hose mount in this video:

I'll try to upload some pictures of such mount.
    L's

20. I mounted a GoPro Session to my auxiliary light, using a GoPro mount called "The Strap". Video seemed smooth enough to me. IMG_0661.jpg

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information