1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Got An Ebay Sellers Warning.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Wassy, Jan 17, 2017.

1. I'm shaking in my boots !

Anyone else had one.

[​IMG]
    Warning - Offers to sell outside of eBay

Hello
    We've reviewed your account and determined that you haven't followed our offers to buy or sell outside of eBay policy.

Regarding Item # 302xxxxxxx

Offers to buy or sell outside of eBay, including providing contact information within a member-to-member message, are not allowed. Not following this policy in the future may result in restriction of your buying and selling privileges and suspension of your account.

Sales made outside of eBay could be fraudulent and are not covered by the eBay Money Back Guarantee or other buyer protection programmes.

We understand that you might not have known that making an offer to buy or sell outside of eBay was against our rules. We encourage you to become familiar with the offers to buy or sell outside of eBay policy.

If you made an attempt to sell outside eBay in order to entice a buyer, we suggest that you send the buyer an offer through eBay instead. This lets you offer a fixed price item to a buyer at a discounted price.

To send a buyer an offer:

1. Go to My eBay and select Messages.
    2. Open a message from the interested member, and then select Send an offer directly to member.
    3. On the Create your offer page, enter the offer price, quantity (if applicable), and any message to the member (be careful not to share contact information).
    After you send the offer, the buyer receives an email with the offer details. The offer automatically expires after 48 hours. If the buyer accepts the offer and completes the purchase, you’ll be notified by email.

For more information about sending an offer to a buyer, please visit:
    Send offer | eBay Seller Centre | Business

If you have any questions, contact us:
    Sign in or Register | eBay

Thanks,

eBay

Please don't reply to this message. It was sent from an address that doesn't accept incoming email.

eBay Document ID: 39770671009
    eBay is committed to your privacy. Read our user agreement and privacy notice. Learn how to recognise fake (spoof) emails.

Copyright © 2016 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved. Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners. eBay and the eBay logo are trademarks of eBay Inc., 2145 Hamilton Avenue, San Jose, CA 95125.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Ebay is bollocks......I've had feed back removed.

Returned Osram bulb as it had no security hologram. Full refund given.
    Reason for feed back removal "Reference to on going police investigation"....clearly counterfeit goods, but ebay wasn't interested. Good thing Osram was...

3. You'll be in detention Sat ;)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Phone numbers in messages must flag up and trigger the above.
    Wouldn't care but I've sold a few bits and pieces over the last month or so and paid a fortune in fees.

5. About 3/4 years ago I listed a Tribsa Cafe racer on e bay for auction.I got the usual 150 watchers (wankers) and usual bollox e mail questions from morons that You always get. Apart from lowball bids it was only bid about half its true value so about 35 hours before end of auction I pulled it.Cheeky bastards had the nerve to e mail me an invoice for about £400 - stating breach of contract and loss of commission etc.Needless to say I closed the account and knocked them but 2 years later they were still e mailing me and actually sent a pair of debt collectors to my house! I've never sold off there since!

6. They are only interested in getting their fees through eBay and Paypal.

If you want to communicate with a seller / buyer outside of ebay. send your mail as something like - yourname at sky dot com then get them to mail you. I've never had it flag up that way, or spell your number out.

I recently bought some carbon side panels for the 1098R and went into the local dealer for them to save them getting damaged in the post. I paid on my debit card in the shop and flagged them up as paid. eBay kept threatening me to pay through Paypal for an item I'd already paid for. Clowns.

#6 Robarano, Jan 17, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2017
  7. Your sooooo naughty :Stop::Mooning:

8. :(

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1

9. And you tut

10. :Happy:

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. id tell um politely to fook off !!!

12. Out of interest did you state in your advert that it was also for sale elsewhere?. This used to be common practice some time back and who, relatively, would know that it was not sold totally outside of eBay using other advertisers or methods.

This is working on the assumption that eBay have not altered their rules to effectively tie you in to solely advertising with them. Does anyone know if this is the case?

I have a sellers account but no longer use eBay as it is far too biased in the buyers favour and they really don't want to know if you have any problems with dodgy buyers etc. It looks like they are trying to turn the system into a Buy It Now situation and forcing you to include post and packing for free into the bargain. Virtually everything I buy now seems to be like that, but they are mostly small items and I only ever buy now. I would very reluctantly sell through them again due to their ridiculous rulings and excessive fees.

13. Yep I got the an email like the OPs and then another one. I've just been allowed back on after having my account suspended for giving personal contact information in my messages. If I do it again my account will be terminated. I don't have a problem with paying fees, after all eBay provides the largest selling site in the world with the biggest audience, but the fees become ridiculous. Selling an item for £50 or £100 incurs a charge of £5 or £10 which is acceptable. However if you sell something for £500 or £1000 then it's £50 or £100 in commission and that is too much, and 10% up to £2500 which is £250 commission and that's a piss take!!. Then just to add insult to injury you're charged 10% commission on what you charge for postage, and if that's not bad enough you then get bummed with PayPal fees !! It's no wonder more and more people are trying to deal outside the site. I'm planning my next move at the moment because I'm not going to carry on paying 10% commission on big ticket items. Greedy Bastards!!

14. I put this on another Ebay thread so apologies for repeating myself but can I recommend you auction starting at £0.01 but with a ridiculously high reserve. If anyone is silly enough to meet the reserve your costs are covered but presuming reserve is not met you will have loads of people contacting you asking to buy it outside of Ebay. All you will pay are listing costs and you have not broken any Ebay rules as far as I am aware. You also choose who to sell to and the payment method.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. You HAVE to offer Paypal as a payment method or your auction won't go on.

16. That doesnt matter as if you set the reserve high enough you can cover all the costs if anyone actually pays the reserve. If the item doesnt sell but you are able to reach an agreement with someone privately then it is up to you what payment method you choose.

• Like Like x 1
  17. The problem is striking up communication outside eBay as that needs you give or obtain personal contact details and that is when you get busted. eBay must be clamping down and filtering communication. Normally exchanging email addresses will flag you up but I gave my phone number which I've always got away with - until now. Sending a photo of your email address works as its a picture and can't be filtered - yet!, but I'm in the last chance saloon so a bit nervous about doing it.

18. I guess it depends on what you are selling and where to. I`ve bought motorcycles on Ebay and quite reasonably asked to view them before the end of the auction in which case you have to swap contact details. What was it that you were selling when they got on to you ?

19. No, I didn't mention it being for sale elsewhere.

It was a bike jacket. The guy sent me a message and we agreed a price then he sent his phone number so I could text him my email address etc.

20. I am also guessing that with collection only then eBay must allow you to swap addresses and also the person can then pay cash, although no doubt fees will then be deducted, but at least Paypal fees should be avoided.

I also notice that with collection only listings that often cash on collection only is also mentioned, beyond that eBay seem to have it mostly covered.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information