1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gps Problem

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by apuhtred, Mar 28, 2017.

1. Got an old Garmin Nuvi that has worked well on last two bikes. Plug it in to the multis UPS socket and it says this lead will not charge your unit. Checked the fuse all ok. Changed the lead twice same. Plugged in another usb unit and that charges perfect. Must be the unit I think but plug it into the car all fine plug it into the 240v via voltage reducer all fine. It does not want to work directley off a usb socket on my lap top. Been a brilliant bit of kit all over europe in all weathers so loath to chuck it. Any ideas?

2. Change the battery or do software reset. Usually a tiny hidden button under the back compartment.

3. Fantastic just found a video showing how to do a factory reset. Will try it tonight and report back.

Thanks Steve

4. Some GPS look at a USB as a data connection. Also Some USB's don't give enough umph/amps to charge

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. It is designed for the GPS so would not have thought Ducati would make that mistake? Everybody else happy with Multistrader USB socket?

Regards Steve

6. You don't say which Nuvi. Some if them have a small car cradle with a USB as well as a USB socket on the body itself. If this is the case have you tried it via the car cradle?

7. Tried global re set same problem. Can not see how it works in the car and not on the bike. Going to re wire a seperate supply from the bloody battery if I cant sort. plug something else into USB socket works a treat.

Regards Steve

Do Not Sell My Personal Information