1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

749 Grey Swingarm Bobbins

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by paulm2930, Dec 29, 2016.

1. Has anyone here drilled their grey swingarm for paddock stand bobbins? I've seen pics online so I know it can be done, would like more info so I don't hack mine to pieces.

2. Rough guess would be Helicoil.

3. Personally I'd rather spend approx. £100 on an abba stand.
    Slightly more faffing around than a paddock stand but no mods needed
    and can be used on other bikes.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Good suggestion postmaster, but these don't work with under yoke front paddock stands as they lift the front up too much which pivots the bike backwards to the point where the back wheel touches the floor. I have a stand(not abba) that uses the frame engine mount holes and it doesn't work with this type of front stand.

5. Ok see your point. I was coming from the view that I really wouldn't want to mod
    my swingarm. Looks like yours is track bike so function over rides origionality.
    There is a thread on here somewhere of a member welding lugs on
    which could be an option.

6. Helicoil expert now eh Creamy lol.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Not much not getting a good Helicoil these days...

8. When i first got my 999S I tried a few paddock stands on the rear unsuccessfully and in the end settled for the bespoke Ducati stand for this model ,not cheap but they appear quite regularly on ebay....the sloping swinger complicates things for normal stands ,if I just need to raise the rear wheel for cleaning purposes or to lube the chain I just use a length of 12mm bar through the stand and the hollow spindle ,its also a doddle to manage single-handedly...not so easy using the Ducati stand on ones own though....:rolleyes:

9. Bit of wood under side stand to get the bike just short of vertical helps but don't bang into her.....

10. Yeah ...had a couple of close encounters in the past, i usually get the missus to help these days.:D

11. Get some black ones and paint them.

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information