1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Group buy - rear brake master cylinder heat shields

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by AndyW, Jan 23, 2014.

1. These were mentioned in another thread a day or two ago......the original discussion part of this thread on ducati.ms where they are offered for sale at us$58 + us$5 p&p (about £38).
    Designed by a guy I've talked to a lot 'ebrew' (aka Erik) well know in some circles for his innovation having come up with a number of great modification designs for the MTS12 e.g. handlebar conversion kits (which I already have;-)

Erik has offered me a great deal which with no mark-up by me means I can offer these heatshields for £25 each inc p&p! (UK buyers;-)

I have no definitive proof that they improve rear brake performance but for those with ongoing issues with the rear brake, heat transmission to the brake fluid via the master cylinder may be one contributing factor. The details:

# Water jet cut aluminium, Powder Coated black with Reflective adhesive heat fabric fixed to the inside face. Cool-it thermo tec is the "fabric".

The finished item (mkII with 'cutout' to account for bikes with centre stands....to clear mounting bolt)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Unfinished test piece...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For the group buy to come off I'm looking for at least 10 takers (but not too many more than that!).......so if you DEFINITELY want one put you name down:

1) AndyW

#1 AndyW, Jan 23, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2014
  2. Will it cover/fit if you've had the new and different sized rear master cylinder fitted? A Ducati upgrade.
    Ta.

3. Good question.....is the revised master cylinder actually physically different in size? Don't know.....I'll fire that question at Erik, having sold 60 or more of these I'm sure the answer is out there already. I'll post back later ;-)

4. I got one from Erik a few weeks ago. If I'd known you were arranging a group buy I'd have waited and saved a few quid.:frown:
    I have no idea if it works yet as I'm waiting for the roads up here to improve before taking the bike out and I intend to thoroughly bleed the system first. Hopefully I'll get out sometime next month.

#4 Derek, Jan 23, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2014
  5. Sorry Derek!.....by the way, you should have had an email from me ;-)

Re the so called mastercylinder upgrade (which made no difference to the effectiveness of my rear brake!).....

6. Does it fit on the MY13-14 models?

7. Yes, I got your email Andy. Just haven't got round to replying yet :rolleyes:

8. I,ll have one for my 2013 please Andy

9. Same question. The 2013 has linked brakes and possible other mods (repositioned?) to the rear brakes so confirmation that it will fit please.

10. I'm in. 2011 bike.

11. AndyW.
    Mines a 2011 model with the changed (by Ducati) rear brake cylinder. Has improved the rear brake a bit but still very very poo(r)!

12. I'm pretty certain you're ok guys but I will seek confirmation from a higher authority! lol

Forgot to mention earlier - anyone in for definite please email me with your forum user name + name & postal address (so I have a head start in anticipation of the deal going ahead....and for easier monitoring;-) Thnx
    [​IMG]

#12 AndyW, Jan 23, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2014
  13. Stick me down Andy, sending enail, also how will u want payment ?

14. Thanks Dave....payment, in order of preference (convenience for me):

1) Paypal (email address above.......personal/gift option please)
    2) Bank transfer (let me know when you email and I'll let you have details)
    3) Cheque

MY2013/2014 - will the shield fit?
    Well on this occasion the 'higher authority' could not be sure either although he is sure that some of the many sold must have gone to new bike owners. In any case, feel confident in ordering and in the very unlikely event that there's an issue I will ensure you're not left outta pocket ;-)

15. The heat shield fits behind the master cylinder using the same mounting points which have the standard Brembo 40mm spacing. I'd be hugely surprised if the later brakes are any different in that respect. For one thing it would require a different RH frame plate.

16. Payment sent.

17. I'll have a look at the bike in the morning and assess if a shield may still benefit the later bikes.

18. I'm in Andy... I'll send you my details and payment.

Thanks,
    David

19. One for me please Andy. At that price its a no brainer :upyeah:
    I will ask around my mates, see if they want any (they don't look on here - they are old gits and technologically challenged :biggrin: )

20. Hi Andy, I'm in also. Email and Paypal payment on their way. All the best, Mark H

Do Not Sell My Personal Information