1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gsxr 1000 K2 Surprise

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by cookster, Mar 25, 2017.

• Like Like x 1
  1. well guys first track day tomorrow on the gixxer will report back with findings!!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Hope you have a great day, take it steady, give the tyres plenty of time to warm up and watch out for the first session after lunch, all the concentration has gone and there are usually a few offs. If you feel tired before the last session, don't go out. Tiredness is an accident waiting to happen. Andy

3. hi andy cheers for the info, yeah first track day this season and first for the gixxer defo not my first though :tearsofjoy:

4. Oops :Bag:. :upyeah: Andy

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Feck me! Photo no 3, did you have your front tyre up his arse? :)

6. Check the vid at 14'50'' ! Thats the other guy cutting me up; getting revenge as I terrorised him up the inside during the earlier race :) We're mates now and going to garage together at Snetterton this month for the next race haha. The whole of that last lap is worth a watch.

• Like Like x 1
  7. These things happen in racing, lost count the number of times I had my nose chopped off, its nearly always the same person/people when you get used to who's riding with you. :upyeah:

8. Nice last turn lunge :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. well guys the gixxer was a blast on wednesday went really well and kept in one piece!! i think it might have been over geared as it was still revving in 4 or 5 down the back straight and i was running out of track!! also cooked the brake fluid as the master cylinder lever was touching the handle bar by the end of the day, but other than that was good fun. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
  10. Motul 660 is good stuff, has a much higher temperature rating. Glad you enjoyed the day. Andy

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Have you blown out the callipers to get all the crap out.
    Think I still haven't gotten over selling my 750Y 15 years ago when the kids turned up.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

12. Yeah clean calipers quite a lot there brembo 4 pots from a 916 on the front they work quite well with sc pads.

13. Are they a straight swap?
    I was thinking of fitting gsxr k1 forks to the ST4 could save me a few quid!

14. @broadie you need to fit adapter plates mate, i got them from bike torque racing. if your going to fit gsxr forks on your duc id go for the k3 as they have radial caliper mounts.

15. Better still go k5

• Like Like x 1
  16. Cool thanks guys

Do Not Sell My Personal Information