1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guy Back On A Honda For The Tt

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Wassy, Jan 18, 2017.

• Like Like x 2
  1. :upyeah:Wow - didn't see that coming. Best of luck to him

• Like Like x 1
  2. Fantastic

Not really the same without him!!!

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Wasn't it his back injury that stopped him riding last year?

4. I think I recall reading in his book that he'd had enough of it and wanted to do other things

5. I think he wanted to compete in this mental mountain bike race in America so didn't race motorbikes

6. Yeah, I initially read something similar myself, then saw that he said that he wasn't fit at all last year and couldn't compete.

7. in mcn interview he said he wasn't interested, had given it his best shot and unless he lived and breathed the tt full time ( which he wasn't prepared to do) he was wasting his time. Or words to that effect.

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. I wonder how much of a battle his Asperger's is for him? Some of the symptoms might explain this.

• Like Like x 3
  10. It's all just to do another documentary - that's why. It is after all his new career. Maybe they will squeeze a 6 part series out of it ;) Just think of the promo for Honda and what they are paying :Wideyed::Greedy::Greedy::Greedy::Greedy::Greedy::Greedy::Greedy:

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. I think it's a huge part of it. I work with a guy who's son has Asperger's and the OCD side of things is a nightmare.

• Useful Useful x 1
  12. How cynical!.....But probably true.

13. While im not a fan of him...(met him a few times), for the tv he's got the persona, character and charisma which people like to see, which is good - ill happily watch him witter away during TT week on the telly but i wont be going out of my way to see him in person. He definately makes the whole TT thing a bit more interesting to watch.

TBH im more interested to see how the blade fair's against the latest crop of bikes...

14. Guy Martin is perfectly entitled to change his mind about what to do and what not to do. He is not bound to stick with what he has previously said. After all, he hasn't sworn an oath or signed a document promising not to ride at the TT.

Phil Read's change of mind in 1977 was more dramatic, and less excusable, than this.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Great news not the same without him, also see josh Brooke's confirmed on the norton. Let the fun and games commence :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 2
  16. Not many others draw the attention he does. hope they both do well safely.

17. He's got far bigger bollocks than I've got and I would really like him to get at least one TT win under his belt before he hangs his road racing helmet up for good.

Respect, as they say.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information