1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guy Martin Signed By Mugen For Tt Zero

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Chris2511, Feb 13, 2017.

1. Interesting .. didn't see that one coming! especially after they have dropped Bruce Anstey who won it last year.

I know a lot of people slate the TT zero race and say it shouldn't count as a TT win being only 1 lap and really only the 2 teams who can compete.

Wonder what Bruce thought about being dropped?

Guy Martin joins Team Mugen for the TT Zero Race - Isle of Man TT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  2. Great news :upyeah: That being said, I'm a big fan of Anstey. :(

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1

3. Almost feels like history repeating itself
    From 2014/15 when Gaz Johnson won the supersport race on the Smiths triumph in 2014 then they picked guy and dropped Johnson for 2015 on the same bike ... and guy under preformed on it.

There will be hell on if he wins as many people don't class it as a TT win haha

4. I think they announced this a few weeks ago but it's still great to see this happening.

I did worry the big off had put him off riding competitively and the tt without Guy would be a bit like a moto gp without Rossi.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. Guy wasn't at the TT last year and it was still great and the moto GP will still be great without Rossi.

6. I agree TT fans was wondering if something would have been missing without him .... but it was just as good if not better with the speeds hutch and MD where pulling off

7. Any race of any kind is bigger than just one rider.

Agreed although Hutchy was astounding and it was good to see him do so well after all the surgeries etc that he has been through for it to pay off for him. Mr Dunlop is amazing too but I kinda feel like he is pushing it a bit too hard.

• Like Like x 1

8. Yeah Micky D has always said he will either win or die!

Will be interesting to see what he's riding for this year if he sticks with the BM's or goes with buildbase to the new GSXR

But I agree he rides to the absolute limit
    If not just passed it

9. Dunlop is a lot less 'sketchy' than he used to be though.

Anyone that's wanting to beat him is going to have to come to terms with how much they'd have to risk/push in my opinion.

• Like Like x 1
  10. At least Guy now has a 50/50 chance of winning a race there. Is there really any competition other than the Mugen's?

11. The victory bikes are the only competition but when then mugen's are firing on all 'batteries' I don't think they can be beaten

12. I would love to see the new fire blade do well again and give McGuinness another shot at winning and give him a chance of matching joeys record

The new GSXR looks better for this year the ZX10's are fast and I'm sure the 2017 BM's will be there as always

It will be an interesting year for sure

Do Not Sell My Personal Information