1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Had Some Good News Today ....

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Arthur Two Sheds, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Hey all,

Before I start I want to apologise for any typos as have to head off to work soon but I've had some good news today but only after having a terrible time with my dealer and in particular the service team they have. Cut a long story short (yeah right), I decided that I wanted to have the Enduro pack fitted to my Ducati 1200 Enduro and also have the wider side stand base plate. I paid cash up front and was told to bring the bike in when the first service was due. They told me the bike would be with the service team for approx five hours to do the service and fit the new parts. I then enquired, could I have a courtest bike from them whilst they carried out the work but only to be told they didnt have any spare bikes!!!

Anyway, when I did take the bike in, it took them two days to fit the parts and they also forgot to order the foot stand base plate. I didn't get the bike back for another day as I was at work (the two days after taking the bike in). So all in all, I didnt have my bike for three days and no courtesy bike and they even charged me full for the first service without any apology. Only thing I got out of them was for them to deliver the bike back to me.

So as you can imagine, I'm kinda pi*%ed off with the dealer and I won't be taking my bike back to them. However, this is where the good news comes in. I don't know if any other riders here filled in the recent customer survey from Ducati? I filled it in, and told Ducati what I had experienced and sent it back via email.

Then yesterday, I get a call from a manager at Ducati's head office here in the UK as he had read my comments and asked me few more questions about what had happened and he then apologised for all the sh*tty customer service I had recieved from the dealer. He explained that each dealer MUST have two bikes minimum for courtesy bike purposes. I said to the guy that after spending nearly £18k on bike I felt like Ducati didnt really care and that the customer service at the dealer was appaling of which he totaly agreed and would be investigaing further with the dealers management. Anyway, he also recommended a couple more dealers not too far away and then offered me £100 back as a way of saying sorry. Then, to make it a perfect morning the base plate finally arrived (ordered in Feb). Anyway, I'm off to work.

• Like Like x 11
  2. That story is of no use without the dealers name - was it the usual culprit with a ...... W..... in the name?

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. That was my guess too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Good on ducati-uk too help sooth your troubles.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Would it be an accurate assumption to go to the dealer reviews here and see who, who, who's propping up the bottom?

6. shewolf.jpg

• Funny Funny x 3
  7. Surely not Moto Wapido or Ducati Cambwidge ?

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Come on.... Name and shame em...:)

9. Wolverhampton...

10. Thinking about it, probably not: they would have been much ruder :Hilarious:

11. Pleased to hearDucati have stepped in for you.Poor service can't be excused.
    At risk of diluting your thread is there any chance you could give detail of Ducati UK contact please.
    Trying to influence the Monster R going on the Association of British Insurers list.Have contacted Italy but they advised UK dept which I haven't managed to track down.Any help would be greatly received via thread or p.m. cheers

12. The dealer is in South London

13. So no "w" then eh? There's 4 dealers I can think of in south london, can't you just shame them as you now have your bike back?

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Hmmm now that Ducati are doing a recall over the rear shock for the Multistrada Enduro, I will not be going back to - Croydon!! I've heard good reports on Pro Twins in Godstone so will try them in future!

15. I have had nothing but first class service from Pro Twins over a few years now.Whether it be sales or service,or just plain advice.I have had certain minor things carried out with no charge.:upyeah:

#16 mervyn, May 8, 2017
    Last edited: May 8, 2017
  16. Go on man, name and shame em :)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information