1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Hand Guards

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by broke, Oct 19, 2016.

1. You know it makes sense :Woot::Woot::Woot: I have a PP by the way

Instrument covers are exactly that, covers, not replacements for the plastic. Rear hugger and swingarm cover are a work of art and interlock with each other. Got some nice red CNC screws for the front mudguard, number plate holder is also class !!

2. Well the adding of handguards spiralled out of control & took most of 4-hours. Even though I've replaced one already due to dropping my bike turning it around. The hole for the brake reservior needed opening up (using a good size round straight file) and so did the fixing points on both sides that get bolted down with black spacers. I had to add four 6mm washers under each spacer (as shown in image below) because the fixing point wasn't sunked like the plastic profile handguards. I also had to use different screws for the indicators due to using standard course thread inserts. The ones you have on the enduro will not work. Also those bolts & double fixing point bolts by mirror assembly had to be longer too work. So a few trips back & forth to my local fastening shop covered that.

[​IMG]

Above the red hazard button is the location of the extra 4 washers. A bit of filing was also done to make the right hand size indicator sit more correctly but a rubber draft exluder type of seal might be added to make both more air-tight so too speak! The clutch res didn't have the little dimple insert point but that caused no problem remounting it.

3. Anyone thinking of fitting the Ilmberger front mudguard to their DVT S be careful as they don't fit correctly, as a matter of fact I think Ilmberger says it's not suitable for the S.

4. Fits on the Pikes Peak okay , not sure why its an issue ?

Taken from Ilmberger website :

The mudguard for the Ducati Multistrada DVT from 2015 is a direct replacement for the original component and contributes mainly to weight saving on the motorcycle (up to 70% less) and a higher stiffness of the parts. Like all of our carbon fibre parts, it was made according to the latest protocols and industry standards and can be considered to encompass all aspects of current 'best of industry' practice. The part is made completely out of pre-preg carbon fibre materials using an autoclave. As with all our carbon parts, we use a clear plastic coating that not only improves the appearance, but also protects the carbon fibre from scratching and has a unique UV resistance.

#24 GaryO, Dec 8, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
  5. Nice job Gun. Yes yes yes all a bit of a faff, but does it look good ???!!! :D:D:D

6. If you notice it doesn't mention the S model DVT as a direct replacement, as a matter of fact somewhere on their site it says it is not suitable for the S.

7. Finally fitted my hand guards, didn't have the same problems as GZB, there was a plastic envelope with all the necessary screws and spacers in the packaging.
    IMG_0211.JPG

IMG_0209.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  8. Nice, might send ilmberger a polite query over where my screws&spacers ended up!

9. @Blairso they look great, pity their not gloss though :)
    Are they bigger than the oem stuff (do they keep more of the elements off) and are they an easy fit, or is there some fiddling ?
    p.s. Did you get them straight from Ilmberger.

10. They're the same size as the original, but in one piece rather than 2. They are easy to fit, had a slight problem with one of the indicators and had to slot one of the holes a fraction. A tip I found is to run the screws that hold the indicators into the holes before fitting the guards, as a couple of them had resin slightly blocking them. I bought them direct from Ilmberger.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Gents

Are the Enduro hand guards the same as the S and P/P??
    Not seen an Enduro over here to check on.

Steve

12. yes; 2016 versions are the same

13. Thanks.
    I will order some from CALSPORT in Birmingham soon.
    By the way Chris from CALSPORT is a top bloke.
    After I was shafted by Italoshop.de he helped me out and from dispatch they were delivered 4 1/2 days later in Thailand. That was Ilmberger Swingarm cover, Cam cover, Rear Fender, Rear Splash guard and a few other bits.
    Excellent service.

Steve

Do Not Sell My Personal Information