1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Hands Free Fuel Cap Installation

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Blairso, Oct 28, 2015.

1. I've ordered a hands free fuel cap, and I've searched for installation instructions, but the only one's I've found show you having to dismantle most of the fairing panels, to lift the fuel tank for access to the connector. Does anyone know if this is still the same for the DVT. Thanks in advance.

2. It's much the same, except that the bodywork panels on the DVT are all totally different from the pre-DVT.

• Like Like x 1
  3. You'll need to get down to the tank cover so you can access the two tubes that push onto the electronic cap.

The procedure, if memory serves me

1) remove the small black cover at the front of the tank, it just lifts off.
    2) remove the two black tank side pieces that say Ducati, they each have two screws that are exposed when the part in step 1 is removed. Once the screws are removed, slide the piece forward until it pops off.
    3) remove the passenger and driver seat and remove the side panels. They have 3 screws each. There is a small plastic loop that slips over a stud, so you have to slide each side panel back and slightly upwards.
    4) remove the coloured side panel, there are two screws that hold these on, watch video below
    5) remove the black side panels, see video below.
    6) remove the tank cover, there are 10 bolts.
    7) remove the old fuel cap.
    8) put the new electronic cap on and run the electrical wire down the left indent in the tank where one of the hoses goes.

The electrical connection is about half way down the left fork tunnel.

This video should help a little with the bodywork.

#3 ChrisE, Oct 28, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2015
    • Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Thanks for the help lads, especially ChrisE for the in depth reply, I've got lots of Evotech stuff to fit so I'll do it all together.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Yes, it should help a little so thanks for that. In the video the fuel filler cap is the key-locking type, not the electric type, so connecting the wires is unfortunately not shown.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Correct, but the procedure to get to the swap is more complicated than the actual swap if you don't know where to start with the body panels.

As stated, there's one connector, down in the left fork tunnel, that has the matching connector for the electronic fuel cap. It has a black plug on it and you can't plug the electronic fuel cap into the wrong place.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Hi everyone great thread and contributions....especially ChrisE.

Can I ask simething from a different view point on a fuel cap based question ?

How much is a spare Duc DVT key. My local cutter said £20 for the blank + cutting. Not asked Ducati stealer yet??

Do Not Sell My Personal Information