1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Happy Christmas To Me

Discussion in '851 / 888' started by Dave, Dec 8, 2014.

1. Always fancied one of these and examples as nice as this don't come-up for sale often :)

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 22
  2. Oooooo *swoon*

3. Rock 'n Roll !!!!

4. Got a cheap set of hi level pipes carbon cans and Brkts sat waiting to fit to that there beauty , if my termis ever turn up.

5. I've bought the bike from one of your members on the 888/851 forum Steve - lordmoonpie

It has a JHP tuned engine but is otherwise standard and original - and I've got the Baglux cover as well :)

I don't know about a cheap set of pipes Baldyboy - I reckon I may have to see if I can get some Termis myself ;)

The bike is currently at JHP having a full belt service and they are bringing it down to me on Thursday when they collect my D16 for service. I just hope I can get a blast in before they start salting the roads :Nailbiting:

• Like Like x 3
  6. Aaaah your that Dave ;)
    Over in coventry Wednesday might pop into jhp to have a peak.
    Got my termis on the 851/888 forum from Switzerland used set

7. Bought mine because as a kid of 21 nearly bought a new one. For me after this is when they lost it. So different so beautiful so Italian

8. I just LOVE the Desmoquattro engine.

The 815/888 looks brutal, the 916/996 looks beautiful and the ST4s looks butt-ugly ... but with THAT engine it is still a fantastic bike :Woot:

P1080116.JPG

P1080126.JPG

9. Well I own an original fuglystrada so what do I know?

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. already salted the roads here

11. Actually @Baldyboy - I may be interested in those pipes if getting Termis is that difficult.

12. I think those 888s were far more "special" than anything they make now (with the exception perhaps, of the Superleggera). They were groundbreaking (at least the 851 was). Complete class.
    I bet it would get more admiring glances than a Panigale when parked up.
    Maybe I'll get one one day (I did have an 851 for 5 years and 50'000 kms).

• Like Like x 1
  13. Dave let me know, I am happy to send pics.

14. I'm sure I'm going to take some flack for this but what's the attraction of the 888? Lots of people seem to go weak at the knees about them but either I'm a Ducati philistine, an ignorant knob or I'm too young to have had this on my bedroom wall to lust after.....or maybe a combination of all 3!

Can someone educate me please?

15. Young philistine knob :upyeah:
    I'm 45 wanted one as a kid well 21 first modern duke that kicked jap ass on the track . I loved that this tiny Italian company took it too the japs and beat them.
    The epitome of Italian style, functionality and heritage. That do?

16. Yeah that'll do I guess ;)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Pics? Yes please matey

18. I don't want one of those....I NEED an 888 to complete my Ducati stable.
    One day the shed and bank balances will hopefully be big enough to satisfy the need.
    Preferably before the body has deteriorated too much too enjoy riding it.

Sorry this thread is supposed to be about Dave's new toy - Very nice indeed sir - Enjoy!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information