1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1199 Have I Bought The Wrong Bike?

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by chris_d36, Jul 12, 2016.

1. Help chaps I've recently bought a 1199 on a whim. Frankly its too much. Too fast, too sexy, too many people asking me about it, nervous, kills my wrists etc................I'm worried where I leave it. All that type of crap. What do you reckon Ive done about 500 miles. What should I have bought? Or should I perservere? Its a fine looking bike - would like your thoughts

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Persevere!!! They are great bikes, especially when setup for YOU!... there is an abundance of knowledge on here and the guys are all very helpful, my only piece of advice would be to have the suspension setup for you properly and to back off the engine braking... oh and to go out and enjoy it on the good twisty country roads.... if you've come from and iL4 it will feel very strange for a bit, get some more miles under your belt and get used to the power delivery and you'll grow to love it :thumbsup:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. depends where / how you garage it,,,, would be a nitemare if it is not inside, i could not sleep if either of mine ( not Pani ) were not garaged ov nite.. other than that,, grin / smile and bear it :grinning:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Ive had a 996 / RSV Mille & firestorm the ducati is set up well for me & I haven't had it out of shape or anything on fast sections. Im more thinking its too focussed. Im cacking myself about license

5. But... if you genuinely feel it's all a bit mental, why not swap for an 899? equally sexy, sounds as good and also goes like a rocket....??

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Go buy a multistrada

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. ahh fair enough, it's horses for courses, I actually find it more comfortable than my cbr600 for example.... with regards to the licence bit.... I agree in the fact that it begs to be ridden quickly but then don't most sportsbikes? surely your 996 was as focussed?

8. Yeah 996 was focused I was also 10 years younger!!!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Hmmm think I need more convincing, sell it to me.

10. Not sure the DVT will make any difference to the safety of his license. Its just as mental in sport mode.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Yeah I know what you are saying its garaged, safe as It can be but still get paranoid. Ive banned wife & kids from the garage now - which seems a bit extreme for a bike.

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. Well no one will steal it it's too ugly and too big!!

Fast as most sports bikes, comfy and as happy at 60mph or 140 on A roads

13. Think I should start looking at a FS1E !!

14. That's why it's called a MANcave

15. 100% right its the below 60 that's the problem I suppose, mind you the 996 was exactly the same.

16. ive got a nice gsxr 1000 il swap it for your pani !! ;)

17. If you think you may have bought the wrong bike then you have. You know when it is right as it doesnt occur to you that it might be too fast or too slow or too uncomfortable and that maybe you should be riding something else , it just feels right.
    Just like relationships really.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Hmmm what you got?

19. That's what I expected would be the comment, which I feel Im coming to terms with. Fell in love with the looks / performance and disregarded the other bits!!

20. Just ask yourself the following questions;
    1. Can I afford it.
    2. Is it a thing of beauty.
    3. Does it give grin factor.
    4. Does it polish up well
    If you can answer yes to at least one of the above questions-it is not the wrong bike.:upyeah:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information