1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Heads Up - Throttle Spacer Group Buy

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by 750steve, Dec 31, 2016.

1. Please feel free to remove this thread if I'm breaking the rules, I'm new here & I am no way connected to the seller.

There's a group buy on the 1299 forum for the throttle spacers, $22 instead of $30 & $7 postage anywhere in the world.

Holiday Group Buy: Throttle Spacer Kits! - Ducati 1299 Forum

2. Putting this up in this section too incase no one sees it the other section.

The special group buy is going to close soon so get your order in if you want one, i just paid $51 for 2 kits!

3. Threads merged - soz :)

4. I'll have 2 and no I'm not kidding.
    Do I go onto that link?

5. Thank you for doing so, sorry my mistake
    Yes, the link is to the thread on the other site where the offer is running.
    Register your interest & within a couple of days the seller will mail you a discount code to his website that sells them.

I've ordered mine today, & took 2 as well

6. Cool. Done that. Thanks.
    Been meaning to get 1-2 of these over the last month.
    That's prompted it.

7. I'm interested in one of these, the excess slack has always been a bugbear of mine.

I'm sure I once read that these spacers will void warranty claims ( certainly anything throttle related) & if discovered in the event of an accident could void insurance.

I don't mean to hijack the thread & I'm not averse to a little risk taking, just interested in members thoughts ?

(My main concern is the warranty part, instinctively I think I will need it in the next 3 and a half years..)

8. My bike is 2014, warranty is gone for me so I've no issue there.
    Never thought of the throttle/insurance relation. Personally I think if they investigated that far in it would be because of a fatality, in which case I probably wouldn't know, or care, about the outcome

• Like Like x 2
  9. Why not buy from JHP ? about the same price.

10. Do you not need the Tri bit though to undo the housing?

11. FYI

Cornerspeed also sell them and not much more when fitted

12. Sorry guys, didn't know they did em at the same price but i cannot see anything on their websites & then they'd charge me postage of probably £5 or £6. I'd still bet that US deal is cheaper for me, it'll work out at about £20 each for me & a friend.

Yup, you do indeed

13. 959GROUPBUY still works

14. Cool! I see the seller has stated the group but is closed, hopefully you've sneaked in! :upyeah:

15. Yes it's closed on the 1299 site. But the 959 was slower off the mark. Probably will be there a day or two

• Like Like x 1
  16. tried a few times over the past few days to buy one and the website kept crashing on credit card and paypal pages and just crashing and then the discount wouldn't work. Website isn't the greatest.

Tried again just now and it finally worked so hopefully I receive one.

#16 flatstick959, Jan 8, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
  17. Still working, just ordered

Paul

Do Not Sell My Personal Information