1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Healtech Qs Fitting.

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by comfysofa, Aug 26, 2016.

1. Well - ordered this yesterday...bit of a leap of faith as ive never been able to find much in the way of documentation regarding qs's on 1100's. Theres not much room in the linkage (well, lets face it, theres no room in there) and ive seen bad photo's of the qs bolting behind the gear shifter so, this seemed to be a tidy solution with wireless connectivity for setting it up....petrol oring spigot thingy's got delievered this morning home so I'm gonna push and see if I can get this, the gear indicator (healtech) as well all done at once....
    IMG_20160826_120737.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. what was the cost of the q/s

3. 239 quid delivered. Got it on ebay from "wemoto" - phoned the bloke up, nice guy, had a chat, he didn't have one on there so found the correct model, listed it, let me have the number and got it today (sent yesterday) - paypal 0% strikes again!!

4. Interested to see how you find it.....

I wasn't sure about the little sideways pressure strain gauge vs the linear ones

5. Well, ive got a hm on the zed and its brilliant. The rsv4 is a retro fitted factory job (perfect also) - theyre immense fun....that's really the reason for fitting it...we'll see what happens later on....

6. Once fitted & sorted, need a soundtrack for sure...

7. Yeah...get it on the paddock stand and go through the gears :D

8. That could be dangerous as its single sided but the pin is on a bearing....

• Like Like x 1
  9. Forgive me for being a bit thick but what and how do these things work comfy, I gather they make gear selection faster lol, so how does it achieve this?

10. No problem... Typing on my phone so a bit slow...

The qs senses the shifter being moved (up in this case) cuts the ignition which for less than a second which unloads the gearbox and then the ignition starts again... All in about a quarter of a second... And you get a lovely backfire on the change... Bloody addictive...

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  11. Think of all the gears on your bike almost becoming one...

12. I currently use the poor man's quickshifter....

Bit of pressure up on the gear lever when accelerating then roll the throttle a fraction when I want to change up :D

• Like Like x 2
  13. Yeah sounds sweet are they hard to fit, looking at the pics looks like a lot of splicing needed?

14. Nope... Far from it... Everything is plug and play... No splicing.... The injector plugs, plug inbetween the existing injectors... My z1ooo took about 3 hours to do and not because it was difficult... I was just taking my time... I suspect this will be easier as I've not got to mess with the shift bar... If your interested in doing it I'll be as thorough as i can with the pics... If your near Bristol I'll help you do it.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  15. 100% interested comfy Bristol isn't local but might take you up on that if I think it's out my capabilities lol

16. Well it's all in and back together....it starts (which is good), it doesn't leak any fuel (also good) but not configured the qs or been out for a quick test run.... I'll be doing that in a bit... Fitted the gear indicator at the same time but when I fire the bike up its giving some letters and what not on the display so I guess it needs setting up whereas my zed just worked but obviously it's a newer bike/type of ecu I can only guess...

• Like Like x 1
  17. post some pics up of it fitted ,and a test ride sound clip .....as i know you like this type ofv nerdyness :grinning:

18. Well I was pushing it.... Were away now for a few days... Just squeezed in a test ride before we left.... So...

1. The qs mechanically isn't working but ive not played with anything yet.

2. Bluetooth connection works and did a firmware update... When the bike is ticking over the app pics it all up...

3. Gear selector is working.

4. No fuel leaking (happy about that)

Think I just need to piss about with the app when I get back... Pics later...

• Like Like x 1
  19. Having a long weekend.... Broadband and wireless are non existent.... (just using the restaurant wifi atm) ill have to throw up the pics when I get back...

20. Nom nom what you had nice ?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information