1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Healtech Qs Fitting.

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by comfysofa, Aug 26, 2016.

1. Got to work this morning - not messed with it since yesterday's outing apart from moving the earth to another point (it was very hard to start yesterday) and again this morning but once its going its ok so gonna move it again when I get home. Ive got 2 more points I can earth to, I was trying to keep the wiring as tidy as possible by earthing up at the front of the bike but it looks like I'm going to have to earth it under the seat..

Totally forgot about testing the downshift ( have to remember on the way home ) but, all in all good. I suppose to anyone else out there that does get one that does run the test and the engine cut doesn't work for them...well, obviously as above it does actually work. Ill report back to Healtech, BSD and Mr Hillier what ive found....while it doesn't matter it'd be interesting to see if they can actually find out why...itd be interesting to know. Ive got the engine cut time set at 55ms but may have a play around a little - the stock setting for the auto learn is 85ms but James said that was way too high and recommended the 55ms set point which from what I can see seems to be good - I may try 5ms each way and see what happens, but, who am I to argue!!

Anyway now its working - recommended and moreso as the 3 of them have been very understanding and helpful all the way through - even to the point of BSD getting a spare harness to me (asked for late on Friday afternoon) and delivered yesterday morning so I had a spare harness to test with just in case my original one was faulty.

2. Explain the downshift function! Though this is only for fly by wire bikes

3. Can't yet... Only something I've read... Need to confirm if its true or no...

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

4. Manual says this.....

You may do clutchless downshifts with partial throttle from the higher (4-6) gears only if the shifts are smooth and effortless on your bike and the shift lever is not stiff. Otherwise, use the clutch for downshifts.

So, partial... I did try it from 6th down to 5th and then 4th which was actually ok..!

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

5. Bit of a hit and miss with downshifts I've heard.....If they say it's OK then cool

Although I clutchless shift in the car when I'm bored so if it works do it !

6. Well tbh the downshift wasn't a priority atall but the fact that it does do it is a bonus....

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Too right mate !

8. Any more joy with it comfy ?

Have you any way of getting a video for us to drool over ?

9. Yep - its all working fine. The Healtech app did an update yesterday afternoon so ive not connected it to the bike to see if theres any change....I did notify healtech that the engine cut test didn't work on mine so it may have been something to do with that I don't know...

Yeah - now you ask ill do a vid....im sure ive got a spare go pro stick mount....I need to cure my slippy clutch first though...gonna take the plates out on Friday night and give them another clean (mate suggested brake cleaner which is what ill try also) once ive got it nice and grippy again ill throw up a vid....

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Right - done a vid but its mostly my heel changing gear but surprisingly it caught the sound quite well....ill upload it in a bit (I'm just forcing myself into "trying" to use video editing software) always end up giving up. 55ms seems to be the sweet spot (I stopped and nudged the timing to 50 then 60) i should never have changed it - Mr Hillier...you couldn't not be right could you!

• Like Like x 1
  11. That videos taking some processing.... :D

12. I never got back to it....started watching some tutorials and then fell asleep (too boring to watch)....woke up and then started reflashing the satellite receiver in the man cave...and then in turn ended up on the roof realigning the motor and the dish...so it went off on an angle pardon the pun...

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Forget editing.....

YouTube....Upload

Ha ha

14. Yeah but most of it is boring...I was just gonna cut out the good bits and put it all together...

15. See I couldn't be arsed with that....

If someone wants to see it enough they will watch it regardless ha ha

16. Well, this took me about an hour to cut it....I didn't go over it but most of the boring stuff is out.....
    https://youtu.be/b1EDfVODzjs

17. Sounds ace when accelerating going up through the gears mate...

Nice clean cut with the gear change

On a different note did your SP come with footpeg rubbers ? Never taken mine off, just wondered what the differences are ?

18. I've just put one of these on my R1. Not had a chance to try it out yet, just ran through the setup. I'll get it sorted at cartagena next month

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

19. Yeah - it did...when I got the bike they were off....I suppose it gives you a tiny bit more leg room....as it effectively makes the footpeg lower....

• Like Like x 1
  20. As I said at the start it was a bit of leap of faith as I was looking for a HM or Translogic. But its really surprised me in all aspects...support, build quality and actual operation....really good. And on top of that while I was having the engine cut test problem they didn't give up on me....which was nice!!

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information