1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Diavel Heated Seat Pad?

Discussion in 'Diavel & XDiavel' started by Neillfergie, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Ok, so this may sound ridiculous but stick with me.

I like to ride as often as i can, even when its a bit nippy outside and after a particularly cold run last Sunday (with two friends gloating about their heated grips) i decided it was time to get some heated grips.

Now I didn't want to add anything too obvious so I fitted a Symtec system that goes under the existing grips and once fitted looked 100% standard bar the small extra switch.

Thing is I noticed Symtec also offer a heated seat pad and at £39 it looks cheap enough to take the risk?

I could remove the outer fabric from the seat pad, fit the heat pad and re-cover leaving it totally invisible to everyone but my toasty warm bum...

am i getting old? is this a step too far?

2. am i getting old? is this a step too far?
    Yes and yes !

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Next you'll be ordering hand-muffs & a leg cover gaucho whilst riding in winter!

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. F*ck it, I'd go for it. I can't survive without heated grips after having had them for a few years. Who's to say a heated seat wouldn't become equally as indispensable?! :)

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. My tin box has heated leather seats. Essential on cold mornings at my age.

6. It won't do your farmers any good. :eek::D

7. My Farmers are long redundant. A certain surgical procedure after my second daughter arrived made sure of that.

8. I thought Farmers were Piles? Farmer Giles - Piles? No? :confused:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Farmer Dooley?

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. That's what I thought but maybe there's a Farmer Hesticles too. :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. ..i recall you can get heated-muffs now-a-days.

12. Ha! mixed response then... To be fair part of the appeal (unlike awful gauchos and muffs) is the fact that it's invisible!

I've gone ahead and ordered the pad, seemed cheap enough to be worth the risk, I'll take some pics of the install and report back on whether it was £35 wasted or not?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Any updates? Was it successful. Farmers all nice and warm?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information