1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hel Brake Lines

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Cream_Revenge, Dec 25, 2016.

1. So either I ordered wrong or they sent wrong but for the 996 I have 2 front brake lines the same length so 1 direct to each caliper, race pattern I believe, when I intended to keep it stock with the 2nd up and over the mudguard.

Is there any benefits or issues running the race type on a pure road bike?

TIA

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  2. No issues mate there be fine for road use. I converted all but one of my road bikes to race brake lines. They look smarter too.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. I put them on my ST4, no problem.
    Better than the standard pattern.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Got the race set on my 1098. Absolutely fine AS @cookster said

The only downside is its 2 cables instead of one so you might want to keep them tidy with some clips.

Upside, well for me, I got rid of the horrid loop pipe which on the 1098 would never stay in the clip and jumped out. Some say the feel is improved but dammed if I can notice anything.
    Finally as there isn't a dual banjo on one caliper anymore, it makes it easier to get the calipers off when removing the front wheel.

IMHO better than the standard set up

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. In theory,the race setup is better.It doesnt give the fluid a loop over the guard to potentially gather an air bubble.Thats the way I see it anyway.Also ,what are you doing on here?Why are you not on your new skakeboard/rollerskates/bicycle?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Been up since 4:52am.....

7. And been told off for drinking to many bloody Mary's, just ran out of tobacco!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information