1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello, From Jersey Channel Islands.

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Robin Le Boutillier, Feb 6, 2017.

1. I've been reading various posts from the forum for a while,
    there's some really good information and some very knowledgeable people.
    Which I'll probably be calling on at some point.

I've owned my 1980 900SSD for a while now and absolutely love the rattly old thing.
    Although she is just begging to puff a little smoke.
    I've entered her in a couple of classic hill climbs and sprints at home in Jersey C.I. and classic track days at Cadwell Park, But now I don't want to thrash her any more.
    I'm now taking my Yamaha TRX850 to Cadwell in June. Next year I'll have to try a different circuit,
    Any recommendations please? I've been told that Cadwell is the best riders circuit, but I've got nothing to compair it to. I love it there. It's like one long hill climb but without the granit walls and trees to hit if it goes wrong. I still can't get over the amount of run off area there is.
    Entering in hill climbs or sprints is the only way to legally Go above 40mph, as that's our speed limit over here, Well some 40 or 30 or 20 or 15mph. I don't find it as much fun riding round as it was when I started riding, chasing mates on my LC250, but the views can be stunning and plenty of beach cafes with good coffee and good bacon rolls.

My next bike I'm saving for is a early 916, I'd love to find a 1994/95 Strada. Does anyone have one, any condition, runner or not?
    My little 600 Monster's really good for commuting but will struggle on a track.

Looking forward to reading and posting things in the future.
    Many thanks, Robin

2. Welcome Dave

3. Welcome :upyeah:

4. hello and welcome dude

5. Welcome !! My kids live in St Aubins !

6. welcome, please join the map below

7. I was only in Jersey last week!

8. I'm wearing one now

9. I have a Jersey as well anyone else?

Regards Steve

10. Sounds like a pretty good reason for living somewhere else. Or sticking to a 125.

11. My 1098R came from Jersey. A bit of a waste on the roads over there would be an understatement. :Wideyed:

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. A mate of mine in Jersey has a tuned H2 putting out about 275bhp. Not sure why......

• Like Like x 1
  13. It's nice to see lots of connections to our little island, we do like our bikes and the 4 wheel things as well. O and "jumpers" as we call them
    Id love something like your mates H2 but lacking in funds and talent to control it.
    There's some very very fast bikes over here and lots of classic and vintage, most never come out. It's a shame.
    My best mate had a Hayabusa with a Supercharger, it was Dynoed at 350bhp, but later had it de-tuned to make more rideable, it was absolutely something else, without doubt the fastest thing I've ever ridden.
    There's quite a local history of sprints, hill climbs and beach racing, it seems to be in our blood, a lot of people who have bikes have done some sort of event. The Run What You Brung sprint is all ways full.
    A few guys I know don't ride over here, just track days in the U.K. And France.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information