1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello From The Black Forest

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Claude G., Apr 19, 2017.

1. Hi J. Biker, give me a holler, maybe you won't be to far from me. I hope you enjoy your trip. :)

2. Hi DaffyDuc, can't really say, looks like a fortress a few miles away from my home, next time let me know when you are here. :)

3. Hi Damodici, I hope you enjoy your drive through, where exactly are you going to be?? Coming from a Ducky though it is not noise but Music ;)

4. Hi Keith, surprisingly I love them to.. ;)

5. He has a big house then :Bucktooth:

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. Who has a big house, big is relative, just as fast. I tried the relative line once and the officer smiled but still gave me the ticket. :(

7. How's your French, Claude?
    You do have a French name...
    Gateau is French for cake and Black Forest Gateau is a popular cake here. Chocolate and cherries mainly I think.
    Chateau rhymes with gateau and is a large fortified house or even a castle. That is why the large house was mentioned.
    All gentle, affectionate teasing.
    Wilkommen.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Gâteaux
    Examples
    See more synonyms on Thesaurus.com
    noun, plural châteaux [sha-tohz; French shah-toh] /ʃæˈtoʊz; French ʃɑˈtoʊ/ (Show IPA), châteaus.
    (in France) a castle or fortress.
    a stately residence imitating a distinctively French castle.
    a country estate, especially a fine one, in France or elsewhere on the Continent.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Hi Old rider, my french is not bad, actually I am fluent. Yes Claude is a french name and gâteau, plural gâteaux does mean cake. Schwarzwälder kirschtorte is the word you are looking for and yes they are delicious.
    Thanks for clearing that with big house. :)

10. The irony is in using a French word for a German cake

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Wallets another... :bowing:

Welcome Claude !!
    Die B500 ist Geil

12. It is the castle at Landeck, we are there again in June/July but just an overnighter as we wil be on our way back from the Czech Republic. However, next year will be at least a week again.
    And, welcome to the forum, members are mostly house trained!

• Like Like x 1
  13. I just looked where you are in the Black Forest. So close to where we usually stay in Denzligen which is at the bottom of the Glottertal Valley, I really envy you, the area is fantastic for motorcycling.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Thanks Braz
    Habe noch nicht B500 gefahren aber jetzt :)

15. Wow, that is what I thought, just could not remember the name, across the street there is a small restaurant where we eat an Easter brunch as a family tradition. That about 25km from us through Freiamt.
    Thanks for the welcome, just give me a holler when you are there, if not this year then the next.
    Cheers!

16. We'll be riding down from Barweiler on Saturday morning so should easily hit the edge of the Black forest by midday, then we'll be staying at a Hotel that night in Oppenau.

If there any particularly good routes / roads to ride please do let me know as we'll only have a day and a half to investigate.

Then Sunday morning we'll have another ride around before heading back to Barweiler, dump the bags at Hotel Hullen with Ralf and then have a couple more laps of the Ring :)

17. Hello Claude and welcome into the mad house
    Take no notice of @Exige he is getting old the oldest here

Lots of banter and great info from the knowledgable

Do you like red oh and pics of bikes and bins are the law here as we like them very much :)

18. Hi Damodici, hier is a link that could help, about 160 miles through some nice hills, Motorradtour Oppenau | Nordschwarzwald / rund um die Hochstraße | GPSies
    That should be a nice route, the first part I think goes through Zuflucht and is quite curvy ;)
    Here is anther link, number 7 goes through Oppenau 8 quite long but nice :)
    I am uploading the map from tours in the area, number 8 should suit you. Actually comes not to far from me, the former goes away...
    I hope this helps a bit. If you take that route maybe I can meet you guys when you get to Lahr or Seelbach you could give ma a holler and I will do my dandiest to find you.
    Enjoy your trip and ride safe.
    Cheers.
    forgot the link :( Motorradurlaub Schwarzwald Kinzigtal - Kurvenkönig

Attached Files:

19. Hi Ducbird, thanks also for the warning about exige, he does not seem to be abad chap though ;)
    As far as been the oldest, well I think you might rethink that one I might have one that race ;)
    Cheers

20. Watch that one, she'll add 20 years on you :Oldman:

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information