1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi All, New Member Saying Hello

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Nev, Jan 21, 2017.

1. So after selling my beloved Monster Dark 1100Evo im now the very excited owner of an 899 Panigale. Looking to chat & get advice on mods, upgrades from other owners.

Cheers:tonguewink:

2. Greetings.. Not long pulled the trigger an 899 myself :upyeah:

3. Pictures are a must ;)

4. Welcome Dave

5. Hiya Andy , another lucky bloke...What upgrades you got in mind, New Rage Cycles fender eliminator looks epic but not sure its uk legal i was set on Termis but she sounds awesome with the stocks. Prob change the pegs though and get some decent tank grips. What a tool though...

6. For now I'm just going to leave her alone. When I put some miles on her I'll work out what needs tuning to my riding style. I was lucky that most of the little changes had already been done, Rad guards, tail tidy, single seat, gold chain. Previous owner put M50 callipers on so I'm looking forward to seeing how they work out. Only other thing on my radar is the rear shock, if it turns out to be as 'woody' as people say I'll look at an MCT rebuild. All up I think they are stunning looking bikes. I've wanted a Panigale since they hit the market in 2012, taken a long time to save but now I'm proud to own one.

7. Welcome to the forum....rear shock?: id say Nitron - a base model costs around 500 (an r1) and, when you chop it in for servicing they can upgrade what youve already got. Im a bit of convert - swapped the rear ohlins out on my rsv4 (race pro) and the difference was amazing, so much so i bought an r3 for my z1000. If they made one for my hypermotard id have one like a shot.

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. Read good things about the Nitron. One came upon for sale on here last month I was/still sooo tempted but It bothers me from an insurance point. I don't want to not declare stuff for fear of them not paying out in an unfortunate event, If I get the standard stuff reworked they'll never know. At the minute I'm declaring paintwork and M50's

9. I can see the logic in that....im not so sure what you mean by "if i get the standard stuff reworked theyll never know..." so im guessing whoever youre with will load the insurance as its a mod...im with MCE and they dont really care - its all declared. From an accident point of view i think you'd have to get involved in something pretty meaty to damage the shock....

10. I was under the illusion that the original 899 forks could have better cartridge kits fitted, that said could the rear shock have the same treatment. This would leave it externally appearing "standard"
    Would be less obvious than putting a lovely shiny gold ohlins one on which would stand out as non standard equipment.

11. Still not sure what youre getting at...people fit aftermarket stuff all the time....

12. Welcome Dude :cool:

13. Do they declare changes on insurance. As soon as I started declaring parts around brakes quotes started rocketing and many insurance companies refused to quote. I can't not declare that my bike has non standard callipers, paint scheme. I'm cautious to change anything else.
    I've remapped most of the cars I've had and from the outside no one would know so I don't declare it.

14. Depends who you go with....MCE dont take any notice but on the flipside if you trash your bike they only pay out the book value. There was a company (cant remember their name) that BvG did a you tube interview - they sounded really good - this year when mines comes up ill be giving them a ring...

• Useful Useful x 1
  15. Found it.....this bunch...could, buck the trend of the vulture status insurance companies have gotten themselves...

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. Nice one. I'll have a look for that. Most vehicles I've insured I've never declared stuff but this time round I'm really conscious of it. Fortunately I've never claimed on insurance and hope I never do.

17. Thats a great vid :upyeah: The bit at the end regarding multi bike policies is super helpful. Many thanks @comfysofa I'll give them a try

18. No problem. Genuinely interested to see how you get on as Ill try them myself. See if they're all talk...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

19. welcome, join the map linked below!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Had a look at their website it looks pretty good. They seem to cater for all types of bike insurance, track-day, SORN, road, off-road. All I want is an honest policy where I don't get undeservedly penalised for sensible bike mods.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information